Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    arthur franklin
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    99GLE 78/ 2 900 3DOOR 87/900S 87
    I've always believed in the SAAB's innovation although, I have little to go on who's running the company or if they own rights to the logo that's another story altogether. Its a wait and see game for right now for sure.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Quote Originally Posted by rpiereck View Post
    Thanks for the bits on the engine. There has been no word anywhere about the engines.
    Yes - yes there has been. All the press articles showed and mentioned how it's the GM 2.0T motor last used in the NG9-5 also known as the A20NFT
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    I read some of the press articles and must have missed that.
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    If you hunt and peck carefully through the press releases over on SU there are smatterings of information but almost little or none other than general info in sites like Bloomberg financial news or the NYT article.

After all of the whoppie-dee-doo and hoopla that Victor Muller started with his "Independence Edition" that supposedly was the end of GM's influence by building a GM car with a GM motor that was certainly a stretch and well, took a lot of creative "artistic license" (read as big brass balls), to even infer it. I think NEVS was perhaps wisely trying to also downplay the fact they too were reheating the same pot of porridge the only salient difference being that the engine was originally used in another model and the much acclaimed whiplash friendly head rests are now gone; that, really doesn't seem to be an improvement?

When Trolhattan decides to hide the "dust under the rug" like they did with the weight of the Turbo X they do a pretty good job and even after months of hunting for a factual weight of my car, an XWD, and it's not in the manual or any literature, I finally got a number (3,788), when Genuine Saab ran their car onto a scale. One of the first thing you do with any "performance" iron is look at the power to weigh ratio, the X cars were not getting heralded as being very quick, or at least as quick as the advertising portrayed them.

I guess they are selling a few, since "launch", the last number I heard was 15 sold and now there is an actual dealer in Sweden who, for $5,000 more than list of was it $42 something, broker the deal for you. Me? I would perhaps put that $5,000 towards a nice few years of bumper to bumper warranty if anything.
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum

Saab(s)
    2004 9-3 convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnanxwd View Post
    ...the last number I heard was 15 sold and now there is an actual dealer in Sweden who, for $5,000 more than list of was it $42 something, broker the deal for you. Me? I would perhaps put that $5,000 towards a nice few years of bumper to bumper warranty if anything.
    I would put the $42K towards a nice new car... like, you know from this century... complete with an entire dealer network for warranty support at no extra charge. What a concept! This NEVS thing is progressing from a mere joke to a complete nightmare for the Saab brand.
    [FONT=verdana]Never met a SAAB I didn't like. [/FONT]

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    The price is $43,603 USD. Wow for a 2.0 call it an Aero but what's the saying ... a rose is a rose by any other name .... in this case a Linear is an Aero if we say it is I suppose. The price for a 2009 "Touring" with a 2.0 was $18,000 back then. I forget what the sticker was but the dealer had my phone ringing off the hook to take it.

At least when I bought our cars, though the position of Saab was tenuous, the dealer assured me that GM would back the warranty. I can't imagine who would pay top dollar for a car with no visible support network?
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X

Karl-Erling Trogen leaves NEVS for personal/health reasons

From Dagens Industri through Google Translate:

Karl-Erling Trogen to drop out of the chairman of carmaker Nevs in Trollhättan.The main owner Kai Johan Jiang becomes the new chairman while Mattias Bergman appointed permanent CEO and board member.

It is just over a month since the first car rolled out of the factory in Trollhättan after Nevs in August 2012 took over Saab Automobile's bankruptcy .

Next spring , the company will also begin production of electric cars, where the first order of 200 cars from the Chinese city of Qingdao.

In the state disappears company's chairman Karl-Erling Trogen . According Nevs documents sent to Companies Registration Office leaves the former Volvo chief mandates as a director and chairman.

The office of President is taken over by Nevs main owner Kai Johan Jiang, who had previously been a member of the Board. Mattias Bergman, who in September was named acting chief executive, joins the board . It is also clear that he is now considered to be permanent CEO .

Karl-Erling Committed confirms that he leaves Nevs but is otherwise laconic.

"It's for personal reasons, and more than that , I would not say ," he says to Di .

According to Mikael Östlund, press officer at Nevs , it's for health reasons, as Karl-Erling Trogen have decided to quit.

Reshuffling in management raises questions about Nevs future. If Kai Johan Jiang is the one with the money, entrepreneurship and contacts in China, Karl- Erling Trogen been in the Nevs that has had industry expertise after 34 years in the Volvo Group.

Frank
    Saab(s)

NEVS sold 31 Saab cars in December

From TTELA through Google Translate:

TROLLHÄTTAN
    430 permanent employees and 150 to 200 consultants are now working on the car company Nevs on Stallbacka. While the figures for December that it sold 31 9-3 through online.

JANUARY 10, 2014

TTELA wrote in November about the 100 new people, many car builders, who Nevs would recruit.

- They are being recruited, some have already been hired, says press officer Mikael Östlund.

Since production started in early December, the company also received orders for 31 pieces of 9-3 - with petrol engine - via their website. Half of these orders were the first day. The production rate is currently 10 cars a week.

- We are pleased with the interest that the resumed car production met, says Mikael Östlund.

Test driving of the vehicles will take place in late January and early April, customers will then be able to pick up their cars in Trollhättan.

- It will be an experience to retrieve his car, with a visit to the factory and the Saab Museum. Saab customers with strong feelings for the brand and it is important to continue to develop relationships with them.

Ostlund says that production of the 9-3 model with an electric motor not yet started, but it's going to happen in the first quarter to Nevs then will supply 200 vehicles to partner Qingdao in China. There is no notice of the sale in Sweden.

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    Great reporting and finding of articles! Of the 31 Saabs sold, all of them are very dedicated to the Saab brand. What eventually needs to happen is sales to people who have only a little knowledge about cars but are generally ordinary people with other interests.

Frank
    Saab(s)

NEVS starts with offering test drives for customers in Trollhättan

Press release translated though Google:

Now, Nevs offer customers test drive of the 2014 Saab 9-3 Aero in Trollhättan. This Aero Model is högutrustad that includes sports seats in leather upholstery, improved Anti-whiplash front seats and tire pressure monitoring. The car has sports suspension and lättmetallfäljar. Summer and winter wheels included.

Very good handling, high safety and comfort are, as always embedded in Saab cars. Supply of cars starting in April this year. In order to allow customers a wider experience of the brand included visits to the factory and at the Saab car museum.
    For appointments to test drive, please contact customer support Nevs. Tel 0520-85500 or email customersupport@saabcars.com .

Swedish press release:

Nu startar provkörningar av Saab 9-3 Aero för kunder

Nu kan Nevs erbjuda kunder provkörning av Saab 9-3 Aero Sedan 2014 i Trollhättan.

Denna Aeromodell är högutrustad med bl a sportstolar i läderklädsel, förbättrat Anti-whiplashskydd i framstolarna och däcktrycksövervakning. Bilen har sportchassi och lättmetallfäljar. Sommar- och vinterhjul ingår.

Mycket bra vägegenskaper, hög säkerhet och god komfort finns som alltid inbyggt i Saab-bilar.

Leverans av bilar börjar i april i år. För att ge kunderna möjlighet till en bredare upplevelse av varumärket ingår besök i fabriken och på Saab bilmuseum.

För tidsbokning av provkörning, ta kontakt med Nevs kundsupport. Tel 0520-85500 eller e-post
    customersupport@saabcars.com.