Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X

NEVS news

One thread with all the news and future developments from NEVS.

From TTELA:

No major changes, but the first model is complete. To summarize Nevs status of the upcoming 9-3 grade.

When LVP Nevs starts again it will be with the Saab 9-3 that was developed at Stallbacka before Saab Automobile's bankruptcy. However, it has received some upgrades.

- Yes, the model is complete, but it is not a newly developed model. That there is no time in a year. There are some details that we've changed, a major model change is not to be expected, says Mikael Östlund, press officer at Nevs.

Are we talking about a facelift, with new lights and other new details in the look?
    - I do not think there will be any major changes in the type. It is most internally that we have changed components.

And that you have changed components is because you have had to change some suppliers?
    - Yes, to a large extent it is.

Technically, the next car has been ready for a while. But as TTELA previously told, not all agreements with subcontractors clear, and it is the man on the Nevs waiting.
    - When we start the production is not a technical issue but a matter of negotiation, says Mikael Östlund.

The new Saab owners have gone out with that you intend to start production in the fall. The autumn is here now and that supplier issue is not yet resolved, according to Mikael Östlund no stressor.

- No, it's not stressful at all. We work according to our plan, but we do not publish exactly how it looks. After all, 100 percent clear, we can tell.

Several of Nevs variant of the Saab 9.0 test currently running on the streets.

Samma utseende för ny Saab - Saab - www.ttela.se

Frank
    Saab(s)
    TTELA: First Nevs-Saab has left the line

TROLLHÄTTAN
    17:21 At 13 on today something happened that has not happened in two and a half years: A finished car left the line in the Saab factory.
    - Yes, today we have built the first car. It has got a serial number, but it will never go up for sale, says Mikael Östlund, press officer at Nevs.
    The car is part of the plan of resumption of production in Stallbacka factory. It is built in exactly the same way as Saab Automobile cars, and in appearance, it is not much different, except for the logo on the hood that now lacks the famous griffin. It was about a diesel version of its own power drove away from the line today.

However, it is not a new car that is involved, and the car was not even that important in this context, according to Ostlund.

- This is a test car to ensure that the production facility works. For us, it does not test the car important today, he says, and continues.
    - it does not contain any components that will be in the finished cars, it has some old stock components. This is just a first test car, in total, several dozen cars being built before production starts.

Consequently you have a production date when you intend to start? - Yes, that's right. We have an internal date, but negotiations with subcontractors are not finished yet. The date is on this side of the year. Mikael Östlund calling the incident an internal affair, where among other things cut ties. But the invitation to the event was State Secretary Håkan Ekengren (C) from the Ministry of Industry, Per-Ewe Wendel, chairman FKG and Fredrik Sidahl, CEO FKG, Governor Lars Bäckström and Peter Backstrom at the Saab Museum. Nobody from the media was invited, but Tim Rokka and two more from Follow Saabsunited.com, were in place. - We got to attend to that we promised not to reveal. We also know the date they intend to start production, he says. He says that they had to look under the hood, with the promise not to reveal anything. It's about new components. He was not allowed to take pictures interior, but the exterior photos he took quickly spread online and through the media.

Första Nevs-Saaben har lämnat linan - Saab - www.ttela.se

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    Those are good news!!
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Frank
    Saab(s)
    The article shows this car has a diesel engine so that's probably still the same as before. I think it's a Fiat engine, right? No word yet about the replacement petrol engine they are going to use but this is more about the production line than the car itself.

NEVS released this press statement today:

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The first pre-series car assembled today

“I am pleased that today we have assembled our first car to verify all the production processes here in Trollhättan. Prior to our decision to start production of Saab cars, we need to finalize a few remaining dialogues to build partnerships with suppliers. We now know that the plant is ready for production”, said Mattias Bergman, acting President for Nevs.
    Shortest press release ever!

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    If it is a diesel engine, that Saab will never come to the U.S. It's too much effort to certify a new engine then import it for a short time. However, the fact that it's being made might make it easier to find 2008-2011 9-3 body parts and maybe some interior parts for 2003-2011 9-3's.

Hope they also make SportCombis because in a year to two, I will be looking for a 2006-2007 9-3SC to replace my 1999. Having more parts builds more confidence.

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    I like the new hood badge logo!
    The last one is on the NEVS #1 car. The others are on my 03 Aero.
    There's is a bit more refined though.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 Wagon 2.3T I4 (B235E)
    so is this electric then?
    2001 9-5 Wagon

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    Not electric now.
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Saab(s)
    2004 9-3 convertible
    Anyone care to speculate why NEVS is focused upon the 9-3 for its first production model? Is this tacit affirmation that the NG 9-5 wasn't quite ready for the marketplace when Spyker charged forward with GM's work-in-progress design back in 2009?
    [FONT=verdana]Never met a SAAB I didn't like. [/FONT]

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    NEVS does not own the rights to the NG9-5 - that was a GM "owned" platform. The 9-3 as shown was Saab's - minus the powertrain. Being as it was a mostly complete and proven car - they just had to redesign a powertrain for it and then sell them to raise funds for the next big thing. They must sell enough of these 2011 9-3's with the unknown gas/diesel engines to fund their future electric car concept. At least that is MY understandings.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com