Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)

saab 9000 new rear shocks but rock ride and big fuel consumption

hello i bought new rear shocks and my back of the car when you test the absorbers of swing the back of the car it squeals .is it drop link bushes, anti roll bar bushes, arm bushes or end worn springs??when i replace used shocks original ones the car was the same stiff like rock,. maybe bad strut mounts

so this strange saab-lancia anti roll design and bushes and no comment DI cassetes issues (they should use old stuff rotor and cap and cables),..changed 2 so far in half year (original ones) still hard crancks the car in 4 seconds time,.. and car stil have bad idles,.. cleaned IAC valve,.. car still coughs,..(maybe i should stick with old volvo 850 ) i dont know what is wrong,... but ironic car is fast runs like hell since we rebuild the turbine but coughs bad at idle

please help me out i put in the car like 500 eur or more but still i must buy all new rear and front ARB bushes, new inner & outer tie-track rod end have in the car for future instalation ,..

i wanted to sell the car or swaped but i change my mind when i put 500 EUR in the car without new winter tyres to come

another thing is big fuel consumption,..(noticed on 3 fuel injector have something like grease ,and i think maybe leaks so looking for fuel injector seals up from 1993 and nobody sells them),.. when i fill the tank it shows 400 km,.. than suddenly 50 km ,.. or when you turn off the ignition switch,.. maybe lambda maybe crankshaft position sensor or throttle body position sensor,.. since my aero dont have MAF sensor ( air filter hose)

so please give me some advice here nobody knows the car well and i dont have OBD 2 to test the check engine codes,.. maybe i should buy one but which one?

i changed all new 4 brake discs and pads, new battery, new vacum hoses.Ordered new rear and front arb bushes, new pcv valve,new Gear Shift Lever Joint today from partsforsaab, need also new trottle p. sensor and i hope for great comfort ride

my car
    [FONT=Roman]SAAB 9000 I 2.3 16V
    YEAR 1996
    VIN: YS3CC65B5R1020827
    CM3: 2290 (CHANGED MOTOR 2.3T DIED NOW IS 2.0T STAGE 1 225 HP )
    KW: 107
    [/FONT]

regards

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    Can you offer the year and model of your car, also the amount of road traveled.

hello i bought new rear shocks and my back of the car when you test the absorbers of swing the back of the car it
    squeals.is it drop link bushes, anti roll bar bushes, arm bushes or end worn springs??when i replace used shocks original ones the car was the same stiff like rock,. maybe bad strut mounts

No Strut mounts in the back, just the front. The car was a little stiff when new but not rock hard.

so this strange saab-lancia anti roll design and bushes and no comment DI cassetes issues (they should use old stuff rotor and cap and cables),..changed 2 so far in half year (original ones) still hard crancks the car in 4 seconds time,.. and car stil have bad idles,.. cleaned IAC valve,.. car still coughs,..(maybe i should stick with old volvo 850 ) i dont know what is wrong,... but ironic car is fast runs like hell since we rebuild the turbine but coughs bad at idle

Car should not consume new DI cassettes are you using dielectric grease when installing? Long crank could be bad crank sensor and or leaky fuel injectors, smell a lot of gas when starting? Assuming your car is 94+ if so you can hook up to a computer and do some diagnosis with free T5 suite software. Since you rebuilt your Turbine insure your base boost is set correctly and you are not over boosting which could cause engine damage.

please help me out i put in the car like 500 eur or more but still i must buy all new rear and front ARB bushes, new inner & outer tie-track rod end have in the car for future instalation ,..

I have owned 4 9k's and changed bushes on all of them. The cars have been in service quite a while and it's a maintenance item.

i wanted to sell the car or swaped but i change my mind when i put 500 EUR in the car without new winter tyres to comeanother thing is big fuel consumption,..(noticed on 3 fuel injector have something like grease ,and i think maybe leaks so looking for fuel injector seals up from 1993 and nobody sells them),.. when i fill the tank it shows 400 km,.. than suddenly 50 km ,.. or when you turn off the ignition switch,.. maybe lambda maybe crankshaft position sensor or throttle body position sensor,.. since my aero dont have MAF sensor ( air filter hose)

Again Fuel injectors, fuel pressure, one of the sensors etc...I see it's an Aero now should be T5 ECU and the free software shows you everything inside.

so please give me some advice here nobody knows the car well and i dont have OBD 2 to test the check engine codes,.. maybe i should buy one but which one?

T5 suite and a Can Buss adapter with a laptop you can live tune the car while you drive.

i changed all new 4 brake discs and pads, new battery, new vacum hoses.Ordered new rear and front arb bushes, new pcv valve,new Gear Shift Lever Joint today from partsforsaab, need also new trottle p. sensor and i hope for great comfort ride

Our Aero is a really fun and fast car to drive. My daughter will never give it up.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    sorry was little drunk merlot with zooming stuff

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    thnx jskrebs for info must take car to saab mechanic here in hill side,... or i should just swaped with his 9-3 coupe with same 225 tuned engine,...thnx for you time and patience

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    [font=roman]saab 9000 i 2.3 16v
    year 1996
    vin: Ys3cc65b5r1020827
    cm3: 2290 (changed motor from 2.3t now is 2.0t )
    kw: 107
    [/font]

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Can Buss adapter with a laptop you can live tune the car while you drive. how can i do thAT?what tools i must have? i have laptop that is it,..some software and ? thnx
    Last edited by bossgold990; 27 September 2013 at 18:07.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    engine code read is : 3 5 9 ? what does it mean

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    black one works right one works on 3 cyl,..coughing,.. left one is dead all made in sweden