Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Saab(s)
    02 9-5
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsside42 View Post
    Just needs a software update - any OSC (Saab Service Center) can do this. It loads the GM/Cadillac updated software then we overlay the Saab information post the flash to make it say SAAB again. Common issues all fixed with software.
    I am considering purchasing a 2011 9-5 but these problematic Infotainment units have me worried. I was going to go check out the car later this week... Is there a way to tell if the software has been updated to the most currant version? If so how would I do this and what is the most current software version?

Thanks in advance.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    95 2012
    Hi Ironsheff11,
    Don't let these minor issues put you off. The car is a dream to drive with loads of poke. It just brings a smile back to driving. The info system can be updated with down loads at a dealer. When you test drive the car, check the satnav. If the country says Belgium, its not been done. My car is due a service in 5000 miles and I propose to have all the updates sorted then. The satnav can also be updated with the latest maps etc. Look for a post on this forum for details.
    My view is that this very car is now being produced for the Chinese market so parts and updates should no longer cause concern.

Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium, 2010 9-5 Aero, 2008 TurboX SC
    Apparently there are two software updates now available ... don't know the differences though. My 9-4X, which shares the same radio/NAV as the NG9-5, is getting them done this week.

Just to clarify a post above ... this very car is NOT being produced for the Chinese market. The old-style 9-5 is, by BAIC in China, I believe.

All that said, totally worth owning! Go for it.

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    Hi, I have had my NG9-5 since new in 2012 (less than 2 years ago) and have had no problems with the infotainment system.
    Yesterday I loaded new SatNav disks and no problems - but it takes a ling time!
    Will ask my garage to update all systems when in for it's annual service.
    Go on - go for it!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    95 2012
    Chaps, I had an update by my SAAB dealer in Leicester and, at first, nothing. My only option was to move to Belgium. Over the past two weeks, things have started to hold firm. Past addresses have been remembered, history has been kept. Yesterday morning it recognised that I live in the UK. Today all has worked as it should. So, to anyone who has the update and thinks if hasn't worked, give if a week or two and see what happens!

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by Paultuszynski View Post
    Chaps, I had an update by my SAAB dealer in Leicester and, at first, nothing. My only option was to move to Belgium. Over the past two weeks, things have started to hold firm. Past addresses have been remembered, history has been kept. Yesterday morning it recognised that I live in the UK. Today all has worked as it should. So, to anyone who has the update and thinks if hasn't worked, give if a week or two and see what happens!
    Hey Paul - nothing wrong with Belgium. Are they still in the World Cup? [We didn't even qualify ]

Saab(s)
    9-5 Aero XWD -11, 9-3 Aero Cab -04, 9-5 Aero -06, 99 T16 -83
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsside42 View Post
    Just needs a software update - any OSC (Saab Service Center) can do this. It loads the GM/Cadillac updated software then we overlay the Saab information post the flash to make it say SAAB again. Common issues all fixed with software.
    Do you have any idea if GM/Cadillac software update will work better than Saab one? I have MY11 car with updated Saab software but it didn't help at all.

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    Sorry, Suorsa, not had any problems or need to try GM/Cadillac option - too rare here to even try!
    Hope you can get your problem sorted.
    TTFN

Saab(s)
    2011 9-5 TTid Aero; 1999 9-3 Viggen convertible
    Just got my 2011 9-5 TTid Aero and same issue with the Belgium setting, no memory of phone book etc. Also no follow you home lights, a couple of blown LEDs in centre brakelight, broken driver heated seat and constant reminder to 'service car soon'.

Apart from all that, loving it, but nervous about these system glitches getting worse as car gets older. Is there still a Dublin dealer equipped to deal with the NG9-5? Agnews in Belfast no longer care about Saab.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwal View Post
    Hi brownieone,

Thanks for your post.

I fixed the problem with the bluetooth and the infotainment system by plugging out the fuse in the glovebox and putting it back in.
    Somehow that fixed it.

However the clock will not save the correct time and the sat nav defaults to Belgium!

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    http://www.ivanwilson.co.uk/

Try them - always been helpful in the past.