Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Saab(s)
    900 CSE, 2003 9-5 Aero, 2011 9-5 Aero Turbo6 XWD

Infotainment Software name, number?

Quote Originally Posted by Burnsside42 View Post
    Just needs a software update - any OSC (Saab Service Center) can do this. It loads the GM/Cadillac updated software then we overlay the Saab information post the flash to make it say SAAB again. Common issues all fixed with software.
    Hi,
    My 2011 Aero also fails to save anything in the Infotainment Center - tone settings, Fav stations, Destinations, clock (it keeps reverting to GMT, so I just have to subtract 8 to get my local PST), etc. It is frustrating and annoying to have such a beautiful ride, only to have it forget who you are each time you drive it!
    Do you know if there's a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) number or other identifying names, numbers or urls for the software update? My GM dealer who was formerly a Saab dealer, seems to have challenges accessing the Saab site ("it was down" he says) or finding the right software updates. Or can anyone recommend a Saab dealer in the Northwest US who can resolve these?
    Thanks for any advice.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 95, 2010 95
    Buy the 2014 map update from DENSO. And take a long drive updating them. The system will work better not perfect

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    95 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cdyoung View Post
    Buy the 2014 map update from DENSO. And take a long drive updating them. The system will work better not perfect
    Can you let me know where to buy it from and what details I need to give?
    Thank you.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 95, 2010 95
    Absolutely, visit gm navdisc.com or call 1877-nav- disc. Your replacement is GM-part number 23175134. You will need your vin-number have fun

Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium, 2010 9-5 Aero, 2008 TurboX SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Paultuszynski View Post
    Can you let me know where to buy it from and what details I need to give?
    Thank you.
    The map update will not fix the issues you describe.

It will give you updated maps though ... best time to buy is in December when they put it on sale. May go on sale a month or two earlier even, but that is when I bought mine.

Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by melitt View Post
    Hi,
    My 2011 Aero also fails to save anything in the Infotainment Center - tone settings, Fav stations, Destinations, clock (it keeps reverting to GMT, so I just have to subtract 8 to get my local PST), etc. It is frustrating and annoying to have such a beautiful ride, only to have it forget who you are each time you drive it!
    Do you know if there's a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) number or other identifying names, numbers or urls for the software update? My GM dealer who was formerly a Saab dealer, seems to have challenges accessing the Saab site ("it was down" he says) or finding the right software updates. Or can anyone recommend a Saab dealer in the Northwest US who can resolve these?
    Thanks for any advice.
    If a software update does not fix this, the only solution is to have it sent off to United Radio and they will replace the silver memory chip. It's about $600-$700 for this repair, exclusive of labor. If you have SAAB Secure warranty, that would cover it ... I know for a fact the top two levels of SAAB Secure cover it.

If you PM me, I will send you the TSB you seek though.

Saab(s)

Radio Navigation Troubleshooting File

TSB PI0285C DocumentID 2744187.pdf

Actually, that is the TSB for the Rado/NAV issues ... good luck!

Saab(s)
    900 CSE, 2003 9-5 Aero, 2011 9-5 Aero Turbo6 XWD
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsside42 View Post
    Just needs a software update - any OSC (Saab Service Center) can do this. It loads the GM/Cadillac updated software then we overlay the Saab information post the flash to make it say SAAB again. Common issues all fixed with software.
    Do you have the TSB number or other identifying info that my GM (former Saab) dealer here in Washington can look up for the correct software update?

Saab(s)
    2010 95 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by melitt View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks for any advice.

I had the clock issue after getting my Saab back from a paint job the other day...
    I kept correcting the clock offset (Pacific daylight time, -8), and after about 10 times doing that (every time I started the car, I would go into the clock settings and correct it), it finally accepted my correction!! Yeah.
    Hope this helps!

-Matt in San Diego, CA

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2.0T Aero
    Does anyone know where the software/firmware update can be purchased from ? took the car to dealer to get the update however they were unable to on a/c of the USB port not connecting, not surprising as loads of functions don't operate when the fault starts. The unit does operate intermitantly so hoping I can update on one of it's good days. The dealer also asked for £108 for not updating and for simply plugging into the USB port to find out it doesn't communicate, suffice to say thet won't be getting anymore of my business. Seems odd these units have acknowledged inherent problems that require updates and you get charged for the fix ? Any information gladly received.