Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    Update done in the garage - so I don't know what happens.
    Most updates would require power to be on all through the process.
    Sorry. Hope someone has some personal experience.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    NG 2010 9-5 2.0 TID VECTOR
    Panic over it was the second bar stage that started and is now fully updated. And hi presto all updated and working fine. Phew was panicking for a bit!!!

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    Glad it has been resolved! PHEW from your readers!

Saab(s)
    1985, Saab 900 Aero; 1999, Saab 9-3; 2011, Saab NG 9-5 TiD
    Hi, I am all new in this forum but not as a Saab owner, in fact I recently bought my second NG 9-5. I missed my last one too much, after I sold it a couple of years ago, so I had to get me another one. Well, the new one had the Belgium bug so I went ahead and installed the update in this thread.

A few notes to others attempting this upgrade.
    • The zip file needs to be unzipped and the uncompressed files are what should be copied to the USB (the PDFs in the zip are most likely not necessary to copy).
      • On a side note: If you insert a USB stick with only the zip file on it the infotainment system will say something like "the USB unit is not supported". This is probably a misleading error message since the unit might very well be supported, the system just doesn't see a filetype it can read. Put some music files on it and you will see that it works just fine.

• During the first step of installation the status bar will sit still for a long time at the very end of the status bar - just when you think it will soon be finished. It will eventually finish, be patient.
    • In the beginning of step 2 it will take some minutes before the status bar jumps to the first visible sign that any progress is going on. After that it will move more rapidly, so just wait for it.
    • There is no clear message for when to remove the USB stick, I left it in until the infotainment system restarted, which resulted in that the upgrade started over again. Just press Cancel at the dialogue and then remove the stick.

That was all that was needed to be done and as far as I can tell it is working very good.
    Thanks for sharing this, it spared me a trip to the workshop.

Saab(s)
    9-4x, 9-3 Vert, C900

Can we use this in the US?

Recently got a 9-4x and I have the clock issue.. can I use this European version or will this mess with my maps?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TDM900 View Post
    Hi, I am all new in this forum but not as a Saab owner, in fact I recently bought my second NG 9-5. I missed my last one too much, after I sold it a couple of years ago, so I had to get me another one. Well, the new one had the Belgium bug so I went ahead and installed the update in this thread.

A few notes to others attempting this upgrade.
    • The zip file needs to be unzipped and the uncompressed files are what should be copied to the USB (the PDFs in the zip are most likely not necessary to copy).
      • On a side note: If you insert a USB stick with only the zip file on it the infotainment system will say something like "the USB unit is not supported". This is probably a misleading error message since the unit might very well be supported, the system just doesn't see a filetype it can read. Put some music files on it and you will see that it works just fine.

• During the first step of installation the status bar will sit still for a long time at the very end of the status bar - just when you think it will soon be finished. It will eventually finish, be patient.
    • In the beginning of step 2 it will take some minutes before the status bar jumps to the first visible sign that any progress is going on. After that it will move more rapidly, so just wait for it.
    • There is no clear message for when to remove the USB stick, I left it in until the infotainment system restarted, which resulted in that the upgrade started over again. Just press Cancel at the dialogue and then remove the stick.

That was all that was needed to be done and as far as I can tell it is working very good.
    Thanks for sharing this, it spared me a trip to the workshop.

Luca
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    '71 96/C900AERO MY90/C900EP MY91/9000CSE AERO 2.0L MY 96/900NG MY 95/ 9.3NG TTID AERO MY09 /9.3x MY1
    Hi,
    here in my Workshop SAAB in Italy i've experienced in all the 9.5 the same problem,i've update the firmware but it lasted one week...
    The problem is the HD in crash...
    I know that it can be replaced with a new one...
    Ciao Luca.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2.0T Aero
    Don't use E800, this is European only. U803 is the version you require, does nothing to the maps but address inherent problems

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 AERO TURBO4
    Quote Originally Posted by 1415131 View Post
    I have not heard of anyone stating the E800 upgrade has caused problems. The upgrade is straightforward, however, if you have any concerns you could go to an official SAAB dealership and they can do it for you, usually free of charge. The software was provided free by Orio so is a bonafide source. Good luck
    Downloaded the update last week as instructed here. The time issue sorted straight away but took three log ins for the sat nav to default UK. Many thanks to you guys.

Saab(s)
    9-5 900
    Hi ! I made the wrong update e803 for an European car and after I have done the right update the e800 . Now I have no sound and no radio ! Anyone have the European vbk files for the radio ?

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 95 Vector SE Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by 1415131 View Post
    To make life easier Wulf has added the E800 software / firmware update to the Downloads section of the forum.

http://saabworld.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2301
    Good Afternoon
    I downloaded the ZIP files.
    Will I be able to used these files to update the SW on my 2011 Saab 95 NG 2.0 Vector SE.

Regards
    Denis Ryan Ireland.