Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Saab(s)
    900 GT; 9-5 NG
    Hi,

I tried to load the e800 into the system via a USB stick with unzipped files and it did not recognise the files. Then I did put a music file on the stick, that played, but no update was started. What do I do wrong?

Kees.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    2011 2.0 9-5 Aero
    Possibly nothing. If you already have the latest software I wouldn't expect it to load.

Saab(s)
    900 GT; 9-5 NG
    GeoffR,

My version is E40D and it has the same problems as decribed such not holding memory, when car is stopped it does not hold the nav location and is set to Belgium as well.
    So problem is not solved yet.
    Thanks for the reply anyway.

Kees.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    2011 2.0 9-5 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by Kees van Braak View Post
    GeoffR,

My version is E40D and it has the same problems as decribed such not holding memory, when car is stopped it does not hold the nav location and is set to Belgium as well.

Kees.
    Fair enough, if you know yours isn't the latest software.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9-5 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by murphy84 View Post
    Hi ! I made the wrong update e803 for an European car and after I have done the right update the e800 . Now I have no sound and no radio ! Anyone have the European vbk files for the radio ?
    I've got the same problem - the second part of the update hung and now I have no sound/no radio/no beep from the parking sensors. The VBK update still shows as outstanding. Does anyone have any ideas? The static clicky sound is driving me demented.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 Aero -2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Kees van Braak View Post
    GeoffR,

Kees.
    I dont know if it is still relevant, but i updated yesterday.

At first, it did not work, it aborted after a while as if the files were corrupted.
    Then i made a complete formatting (FAT32) of the memory stick and tried again.

That solved the problem.

Be prepared though, it takes time!

at first it "froze" when uploading the file (at 99%), after several minutes, just when i were shure something was wrong and was about to abort, then it continued....

The screen went dark and a white frame appeared in the bottom of the screen.
    After approx. another 10 minutes, when i was about to give up again, the first status marker showed up in the frame....

Totally, it took me somewhere between 40 minutes to one hour to upload and install the upgrade.

As it looks now, everything seems to be working perfect, except for the usb connection to my iphone.
    bluetooth is working as it should, and have always done.

(In the case of the phone, it is probably the phone itself. My phone has never worked properly, my whife and a friend of mine has tried their phones, and they are working.)

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 Aero -2010

Thumbs up

BTW.

Thank you very much, whoever uploaded the files for me to use.
    Thanks to you, i have probably saved a lot of money fixing this on my own.

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    That's the POWER of this forum! Always ready to help others. My old phone also didn't work but my wife's did - and they were the same make / model / age on my contract! But when I upgraded = perfection.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 Aero -2010
    Name:  IMG_1462.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  48.9 KB
    I have now upgraded to E800 Firmware to the Nav system, but what is the latest software to XM and Audio on a european car, and most important, how do i retrieve it?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 Aero -2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Broman View Post

As it looks now, everything seems to be working perfect, except for the usb connection to my iphone.
    bluetooth is working as it should, and have always done.

(In the case of the phone, it is probably the phone itself. My phone has never worked properly, my whife and a friend of mine has tried their phones, and they are working.)
    That problem solved to!

I had no mp3 file in my music library in the iphone, and the solution was to import a mp3 music file to the phone from itunes. Now the car recognized it as an ipod, and now i can also play from spotify or whatever.