Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Saab(s)
    9-5 MY2010

Problems with infotainment system - firmware update (E800)

Hi I have a 2010 Saab 9-5 Vector with the infotainment system with the HDD and sat nav.
    I have a number of minor problems and now one serious one and would appreciate any help.
    The minor problems.
    1 the sat nav defaults to Belgium as country ( I live in Ireland) and will not remember destinations which only becomes a problem if you stop the car and come back to it say 20 mins later and you then have to re enter your destination.
    The other minor problem is it will not accept an adjustment to the clock ie summer time is an hour ahead of winter time but the clock defaults back to winter time.

The big problem is the car has now stuck on bluetooth and neither the radio/CD/or i pod will now work.
    Nor does the phone eventhough it states that it is connected.

When you leave the car the radio scree stays live.

If I disconect the battery and leave over night will this just re boot or will I just have the same problem?

Any advice would be welcomed.

Fantastic car apart from these problems!

Thanks,

Ed

Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium, 2010 9-5 Aero, 2008 TurboX SC
    Here in USA, there is a TSB available for this problem. It gets repaired by a software update. I had this update done over 2 years ago, and it is holding strong. If you were in the US, I'd refer you to Saab of Memphis, the awesome dealership that took care of my issue.

Saab(s)
    9-5 MY2010
    Hi brownieone,

Thanks for your post.

I fixed the problem with the bluetooth and the infotainment system by plugging out the fuse in the glovebox and putting it back in.
    Somehow that fixed it.

However the clock will not save the correct time and the sat nav defaults to Belgium!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 Aero Sdn (sold 8/2013). 2010 9-5 Aero (11/2012-present). 2009 9-3 2.0T (11/2013-Present)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwal View Post
    Hi brownieone,

Thanks for your post.

I fixed the problem with the bluetooth and the infotainment system by plugging out the fuse in the glovebox and putting it back in.
    Somehow that fixed it.

However the clock will not save the correct time and the sat nav defaults to Belgium!
    I think all the sat/nav radio units were GM reject units that GM gave to Saab to put into these cars. My bluetooth, nav, compass, and voice recognition stopped working in March. I finally took it in a few weeks ago and was told I needed a new radio unit; $3100 new or $1690 refurbished. I haven't done it yet because I want to try another dealership but since they checked it at the first dealership the radio no longer remembers the tone settings or date/time (it says midnight Jan 1, 2006 every time I start the car) and the "buttons" on the touch screen are blue instead of Saab green. The radio, ipod, and dvd player all still work so I'm willing to hold off on replacing the unit for now.

Saab(s)
    Sure ... here in the US before the TSB fix, mine was always reverting back an hour (at least it would be correct part of the year due to Daylight Savings we do here) and the default location was Washington DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwal View Post
    Hi brownieone,

Thanks for your post.

Somehow that fixed it.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 95, 2010 95
    Anyone in Europe able to get the software fix on the radios

Saab(s)
    Saab 9-5 Aero Turbo6 XWD 2010, Saab 9-3 Aero 2.8T 2008
    Hi, I have a Saab 9-5 Aero with the same problems. Saab Parts in Trollhättan, Sweden has a DVD-based update which they tried on my car twice, but it did´nt work out so now i´m waiting for a replacement unit. My dealership said that about 80 precent of the cars with the problem can be fixed by the update, the other ones need a new unit.
    Perhaps Saab parts in ireland or netherlands can can get a hold of the same dvd-based update?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    95 2012
    Just worked for me too. The HDD kept the whole system cycling through a reboot. All sorted now! Just the satnav to sort now or should we move to Belgium?

Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroPower View Post
    I think all the sat/nav radio units were GM reject units that GM gave to Saab to put into these cars. My bluetooth, nav, compass, and voice recognition stopped working in March. I finally took it in a few weeks ago and was told I needed a new radio unit; $3100 new or $1690 refurbished. I haven't done it yet because I want to try another dealership but since they checked it at the first dealership the radio no longer remembers the tone settings or date/time (it says midnight Jan 1, 2006 every time I start the car) and the "buttons" on the touch screen are blue instead of Saab green. The radio, ipod, and dvd player all still work so I'm willing to hold off on replacing the unit for now.
    New unit is ~$650 from United. Don't pay $3100. I think I put you in touch with someone on FB to help you... if not, PM me.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Just needs a software update - any OSC (Saab Service Center) can do this. It loads the GM/Cadillac updated software then we overlay the Saab information post the flash to make it say SAAB again. Common issues all fixed with software.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com