Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Saab(s)
    2002 9-5

saab 99 1976 any interest?

I am new member I have 2002 9-5 linear and love it. I have a friend who recently past away and his old 1976 saab is in limbo now. It is apart for head gasket leak but otherwize in good condition from what I see, it is stored indoors and not rusted as the owner was meticulous saab owner since comming to canada in 1964. I am wondering if this is worth to fix? he has the head rebuilt and ready to install.and there is a collection of older parts if any one needs somthing for these older 99's... I just wonder if there is any interest before this vintage gold all gets sent to the scrapper, car is waterloo ontario, it can roll but needs the head put back on to run.

Cheers from waterloo Andy

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    Geez Avdkk, go over to SaabRally web site. Those folks are into the older iron and many are from Vermont. Hate to see stuff like that go to the yard.
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    DO NOT SCRAP IT! Find it a home. Agreed - post it on saabrally.com and put it out there. SOMEONE will buy it. Just don't ask silly money if you truely just expect "scrap" value for it.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    '90 900 LPT with a flat-nose conversion
    All it needs is a head gasket put on? No rust? Will you show us some pictures? How much money do you want for it?
    Ask me a question about your c900! I promise I either can answer it or know someone who can

Saab(s)
    2002 9-5
    Quote Originally Posted by euromobile900 View Post
    All it needs is a head gasket put on? No rust? Will you show us some pictures? How much money do you want for it?
    The last I looked at it was in january, i took the head to a machine shop and had it machined and he had the gaskets and valves, we figured it would need the engine pulled to reset the timing chain tesioner and probably needs a chain. the body looked real good. i don't know if they still have it after the weekend I think his son's didn't want to deal with it and were cleaning all the parts he had out of the house on the weekend ,so it might be gone, i'll phone him and see.

Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    '90 900 LPT with a flat-nose conversion
    God I hope they didn't just junk it. That would be a shame. For a rust-free 99, for scrap prices, I have a friend who could probably be up there in less than a week.

The only difficulty is with importation.
    Ask me a question about your c900! I promise I either can answer it or know someone who can

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    If I had the space...
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    I hate people and family. When family comes in to "clean out" it's always bad news.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab(s)
    2002 9-5
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsside42 View Post
    I hate people and family. When family comes in to "clean out" it's always bad news.
    Well I just phoned him in time aparently there was so much stuff they didn't get through it all and most of the parts are still avalable (doors, hood windsheild etc) as is the complete car, so far they tossed a parts transmision though!! so if any one wants any of the parts or car best be quick. i will try to get pictures sent to me, or soon as he is in town I can take some fresh shots, and see what else is there

Saab(s)
    '11 9-4X, '07 9-5 Combi, '99 Viggen, '88 900t, '87 ASFT, '85 SPG, '72 96
    God it was probably a chillcast transmission too. Worth its weight in gold they are.