Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1988 900t convertible

British T.V. show

I am hoping that a member out there somewhere can help jog my memory. Growing up in Britain I remember watching a t.v series in which the main actor (male) drove a Saab 900 hatchback, if my memory serves me correctly he played the part of a private eye or something similar. This was my first introduction to Saabs and I would love to see the shows again. I have tried in vain to track down the title of the series to no avail. The show would have been aired perhaps sometime in the late 70s or even early 80s, all I can remember is that it was a 900 hatchback, possibly grey and driven by a sharp dressed dude. Any help in finding out the title of this show would be great.
    Roberto.

Paul A
    Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    T16 '93 Ruby - T16 '94 Vert Ruby
    I think you probably mean Rebus. It's about a Scottish police detective who drives a Saab 900.
    Detective Inspector John Rebus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I think you can get the episodes on DVD. http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...us%2Cdvd%2C196
    Written by Ian Rankin. Ian Rankin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Rebus was played by Ken Stott, a great gritty actor.
    Last edited by peva; 19 October 2013 at 16:30.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1988 900t convertible
    Thank you Paul for your prompt reply, unfortunately is was not Rebus. I should perhaps have mentioned that it was a classic 900. It was the wrap around windshield that first caught my eye as a young man and the overall stance that only the classic 900 has, it was this that in later years led me to own three. My first a 900i, the second was a 8v 900t and now I have a 16v 900t convertible. I will track down this show as it is haunting me. When I find it I will post the link and perhaps we can all relive the days when Saabs ruled the road.
    Regards to all, Robert.

Paul A
    Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    T16 '93 Ruby - T16 '94 Vert Ruby
    The only other show I can think of is "Shoestring" with Trevor Eve as a private detective. I'm not sure if he drove a 900.
    The only other show was "Bergerac", but I can't remember a Saab.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-3 tid
    Last edited by tentwosix; 20 October 2013 at 20:29.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1988 900t convertible
    Thank you Paul for that suggestion, but, no it was not Shoestring nor was it Bergerac. The search goes on.
    Regards, Robert.

Paul K.
    Saab(s)
    1990 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible
    Not that there should be much confusion between the cars, but this sounds an awful lot like The Saint, which had Roger Moore tooling around in a Volvo P1800.

FWIW

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1988 900t convertible
    Once again thank you Paul for your efforts, but, no it was not The Saint. I have just joined a British film forum in the U.k. and hope that when they finally allow me to post on their site I might just get the answer to this puzzle.
    Regards, Robert.