Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Paul K.
    Saab(s)
    1990 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible

Thesaabsite.com

For those that have been following the thread on my warm starting issue, here's a sidebar:

TheSaabSite.com refused to offer any sort of warranty on their faulty fuel pump - watch out of you decide to deal with them. Their rationale was that the pump probably faulted due to the faulty check valve (ALSO obtained from them) that was installed. The $9.00 valve was replaced; the $150.00 fuel pump was not. The "best they could do" was to offer me a new fuel pump at a discounted rate, plus shipping. THAT doesn't sound like a warranty to me.

I would wholeheartedly advise AGAINST using them for any sort of parts.

You've received fair warning.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Quote Originally Posted by Badwolf View Post
    For those that have been following the thread on my warm starting issue, here's a sidebar:

TheSaabSite.com refused to offer any sort of warranty on their faulty fuel pump - watch out of you decide to deal with them. Their rationale was that the pump probably faulted due to the faulty check valve (ALSO obtained from them) that was installed. The $9.00 valve was replaced; the $150.00 fuel pump was not. The "best they could do" was to offer me a new fuel pump at a discounted rate, plus shipping. THAT doesn't sound like a warranty to me.

I would wholeheartedly advise AGAINST using them for any sort of parts.

You've received fair warning.
    Most of my orders have gone smoothly with TheSaabSite, but when a problem has come up, they are one of the worst to deal with to get it fixed.

One example is I purchased a muffler from them that was supposed to be "chrome tipped". I'm not normally a big chrome guy, but figured it would be better than the painted black tip that rusts in one winter that is standard on the NG900. When it arrived, it wasn't even boxed, but rather just wrapped with a bunch of stretch wrap. Undoing the stretch wrap revealed a black exhaust tip, not chrome, and it was dented. I called and said I just wanted the difference of the two product prices and let them know it was dented. After all, it was something like a $20 upcharge for the chrome. They said they couldn't do anything for me, damage was the shippers fault and were pretty rude about it.

This turned into an argument when I said I just wanted to return it and they said they wouldn't take it. Only when I threatened to have the charge canceled with my credit card company did they decide to give me the price difference.

This was the biggest problem I had with them, and ever since I always looked elsewhere first.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    06' 9-5 Sportcombi, 06' Sport Sedan
    Damn sorry to hear this, I have ordered from them in the past but never had to return anything.

John Jardine
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1991 900S convert, 1985 900s 4door,1985 900 Turbo
    You sould have used your credit card company to deal with the problem they have more power than we have. I have used them alot and have not had a problem yet.

Saab(s)
    2003 9-3 SE Convertible
    I've never ordered anything from them, but I've used the site extensively for info, how-to, and part number identification.
    " 'Xcuse me while I whip this out!"
    - Sheriff Bart (_____________]]]]~~~~~

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    Just check and make sure you are using a credit card versus a debit card. Seems with a debit card once the money is gone (in a heartbeat), it's gone over to them and hard to get back. I had to find this out the hard way. In that case the company was Bikebandit for motorcycle parts and they take your money but if the part is no longer being made you are screwed but they will ship if and when they make it. Believe it or not, many old Honda parts are no longer available, I've been waiting for a side cover for my engine for about 8 years now and checked every junk yard east of the Mississippi. Kind of academic since I gave the bike away years ago.

With the debit card issue it did have a happy ending. Since it was a local company I showed up in person to get the owners name for the local court to decide and he suddenly coughed up a check for the full amount. In that case I ordered a window regulator but they came out when I wasn't home and installed a new windshield. Even with that obvious screw up, the owner refused even a partial refund till I showed up ... he knew I was serious about court.
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    thesaabsite.com / Protech1 is now owned by Saab Parts / Orio:
    http://saabworld.net/f85/saab-parts-...rotech1-30624/