Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    1999 9-5 (4 Door - B235E 4-inline, Turbo, PETROL, TURBO (B235 E))

Choosing the right spring coil for my 1999 Saab 9-5

Hi guys!
    Trying to replace my front coil spring that broke on my Saab, but I've had a lot of difficulty figuring out which one to get! Thankfully, I think I found the right code (pictured in the attachment) -- I believe it's the AS variety since the first code is, apparently, the suspension code.

If I match it to thesaabsite.com's table, however, I find that it says this is for a 2000 or 2001 model?! (My car is a 1999!)

See their table here.

What's up with that?

Last question... I'm thinking about replacing just the coil spring on one side. I'm tight on cash, but I've been warned that since my other coil spring (the non-broken one) will cause my car to sag on one side from the wear. How severe do you think this will be? Will it be dangerous? Am I making a mistake?

My mechanic tried to persuade me to find one used, but the lack of availability, sadly... makes this not much of an option.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    You can find a lot of information here in this thread - http://saabworld.net/f144/9-5-aero-s...o-codes-28217/

If you just have a linear or arc pre 2002 then any non Aero spring will work fine. the only ones which vary are the rear Wagon springs and cars with the V6.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab(s)
    1999 9-5 (4 Door - B235E 4-inline, Turbo, PETROL, TURBO (B235 E))
    My car has the V6. This might explain why it's using the 2000 model spring... maybe?