Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    "I'm sorry Yours wasn't such an easy fix. That definitely is quite a bummer about all the work You did just to have to open her back up again. But You fixed it in the end, yeah? So it was worth it. SHE is worth it
    Besides... I bet You'll never make that mistake again. I am sure You learned something valuable from it. Now You can share it with us "
    It all started way back....
    Links: Oil spraying out of the oil fill cap? Help! - SaabCentral Forums
    Timing problems? - SaabCentral Forums
    http://saabworld.net/f9/rebuild-my-2-3t-b235l-29151/
    Rebuild 2.3T B235L - SaabCentral Forums

I'm documenting my woes on 2 or 3 SAAB forums.
    So far... I'm waiting for parts. Valves to replace the ones I just wrecked on the first test drive. I forgot to torque the timing chain sprockets on the cams...
    I'll be able to write a book once this is back on the road.
    This is the car I got for my wife. She is walking 25 min to work along with our 6 year old daughter. (She teaches at Squeaky's school.)
    Winter is coming... I want to live through the winter.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    Quote Originally Posted by ScientificHeart View Post
    Ok. I'm going to look into the compression test. For sure. Right after I clean the kitchen up or my children are going to have oil in their breakfast. Thank You for everything. You're Wonderful.
    It's surprising what children will adapt to.

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    I came across this while ordering parts; http://www.thesaabsite.com/95/FAQs.h...by_Head_Gasket
    I hope it helps. There are a bunch of links on that site too.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2002 9-5 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brennan View Post
    " When it started I gased it and oil came shooting out of all 4 spark plug holes"
    That makes no sense. How does it start with no spark plugs?
    This is exactly what I was thinking. Started it with no spark plugs? I want a car that can do that!

I realize this is an incredibly old thread, but I just have to say something here. Most of this will only relate peripherally to this thread, so my apologies if much of it is irrelevant. My 2002 9-5 2.3t was blowing a TON of oil through the exhaust. As it turned out the PCV check valve coming from the trap to the PCV "T" was completely plugged. That in tandem with the small hose coming out of the valve cover with the check valve going to the left side of the throttle body was going to a post instead of a vacuum port. Once I replaced the (for lack of better term) lower PCV check valve and routed the small vacuuml line to the TB, the smoking stopped. Now, to me, before I fixed this, driving the car was like a military smoke grenade was going off inside my exhaust pipe while I was driving. The smoke was OIL, but it looked WHITE to me, NOT blue. Lingering white smoke. I probably just don't know the difference between blue and white smoke, but I'm guessing this guy didn't know either. Now, I believe the original culprit was a blown turbo bypass, or BOV valve. I'm waiting for the part to arrive, for now I have it bypassed with a copper "T". I'm thinking that the reason my lower PCV check valve got clogged was because gases and oil particulates were not being allowed to flow correctly due to the BOV not properly relieving pressure. Not sure, but what I DO know is that the smoking has now completely stopped. Morals to the story, (a) cars don't start with no spark plugs, (b) CHECK YOUR VACUUM LINES AGAINST A RELIABLE VACUUM DIAGRAM EVERY SO OFTEN, and last, but certainly not least, (c) IF YOUR CEL LIGHT COMES ON, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES IGNORE IT!!!