Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 95, 2010 95

Brembos for 2010 Saab

Sorry folks but also posted on archive... 2010 Saab U.S. Specification residing in Europe can't stop on the Autobahn. Have plowed through two sets of factory rotors and one set of custom dimpled slotted rotors. Has any Saab owner with this car installed Brembo calipers and do you use the factory rotors with them? Have 19' summer and 17" winter tires and am a bit concerned about clearance

Saab(s)
    '11 9-4X, '07 9-5 Combi, '99 Viggen, '88 900t, '87 ASFT, '85 SPG, '72 96
    I think Hirsch had an upgrade. You can probably find something from possibly the newer Buick Regals or if they do an Impalla SS.

Saab(s)
    2008 9-3 SS 2.0T Hirsch, 2006 9-3 SC aero

Factory Brembo kit available (in theory)

Saab EPC lists a factory upgrade kit for front Brembos (known as 18"+). This only works with the saab 18" carve (ALU 102) 5 spoke wheel (I assume others have clearance issues). Good news is that these wheels are relatively affordable in the US right now.

Kit part number is 12824844 for front and 12824845 rear.
    Front includes calipers, pads, rotors, backing plate, hoses, caliper brackets. Rear includes "housings" and bracket kit (I assume this must dress up the back to match?) Pricing it out the saab is actually relatively affordable (lists at $2800 and available online at around $1800) and much cheaper than chasing Buick regal GS parts. Not sure of the actual availability though? Keep in mind replacement rotors are really expensive (list at over $900 each in the US from Saab). That said, after 3 sets of brakes it seems like you are spending a lot on stock parts right now.

This set-up can be seen in action on the test track footage with Saab's chassis engineer at the wheel on you tube. If you decide to go for it let us know how you get on.

Quote Originally Posted by cdyoung View Post
    Sorry folks but also posted on archive... 2010 Saab U.S. Specification residing in Europe can't stop on the Autobahn. Have plowed through two sets of factory rotors and one set of custom dimpled slotted rotors. Has any Saab owner with this car installed Brembo calipers and do you use the factory rotors with them? Have 19' summer and 17" winter tires and am a bit concerned about clearance

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    88' 9000 2.0i, 05' 9-5 Aero 345HP, 11' 9-4X Aero Hirsch
    Hirsch does not have brake kit for 9-5NG, and they don't like brembos.
    If you got troubles with US spec car - change brake pads to euro specs

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 95, 2010 95
    I have brand new 19" eagles on 19" wheels with 17" snow tires. I could spend the dough on the upgrade but all new tires would drive me to the poor farm. I have at least been able to slow down by down shifting and with my new fully drilled rotors. Should I also put drilled rotors on the back? Also what about yellow pads? Anybody using them?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 95, 2010 95
    Finally found out the brakes on Saab 2.8ltr, AWD 2010 sedan are actually designed for a much smaller displacement engine and possible a two wheel drive version. Here is the question if I order the larger calipers and rotors will they automatically fir on the spindles where my old calipers reside. The hubs have a specific bolt pattern for calipers to attach would larger calipers attach differently?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-4x Aero, 9-5 Aero Turbo4 XWD SC, 9-3 Turbo X Sedan, 9-3 Viggen, 99 Turbo CC
    Keep in mind that changing to Brembos will lead to change your rims (18 inch Carve from Saab, 20 Inch Hirsch or 20 Inch Turbo Star from Saab) or you need to use spacers!