Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    Saab 9-3 aero 2.8T SportCombi

saab 9-3 navigation system model after facelift 2007-2012

gents; please help; I want to upgrade my audio system in my saab 9-3 , 2006 aero 2.8T.... its old body but new interior style.... I want to buy a navi system but the thing im concern is that I have heard that first versions of navi system - 2006-2007 were equipped only with CD reader and only after 2008 model were equipped with DVD audio / VIDEO option... kindly please let me know if that's true....can I play dvd movies on the version with dvd instead of cd drive ? (im not reffering here for dvd slot for the map...as this one was always dvd.... please advice;

see also attached pictures of 2 types navi I have found on the internet:

1) standard model
    2) navi described as DVD audio/VIDEO, DTS, dolby digital

what is this and why is that ?

is it true that 2012 griffin saab was equipped with 8inch navi instead of 6.5 inch ? ..... let me know please... regards to all
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    The 9-3 head unit only used the DVD slot for navigation maps. I checked the WIS to make sure and there is no mention for regular DVD playback up to MY11.

The 2012 interior shows the same nav unit as the previous model year so I doubt anything changed for 2012. It looks like that other head unit in your picture is from another (GM) vehicle.