Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    Saab 9-3X

Is it Possible to change from low profile to standard wheels 93X XWD?

I have recently purchased a 2010 SAAB 93X XWD which has low profile wheels and tyres 285/45ZR 18.
    I have A medical condition affecting my prostate and I am finding the ride in the car very uncomfortable.
    Is it posible to change thw low profile wheels and Tyres for a softer comfort ride in the 93x XWD.
    If so which spec twhhels and tyres would you recomend please?

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    I think the smallest size wheel you can fit is 17". I also believe the tire size of those is 225/50R17. That will give you a bit more tire and cushion than with the 18" and there are a bunch of tires to choose from in that size. As far as specific wheels and tires? Well, I think Saab wheels look the best on Saabs, as many aftermarket wheels just don't seem to look right (there are exceptions), but that's entirely up to you. Just make sure you get the right offset/backspacing, width and bolt pattern, and you'll be fine. Tires are also up to you. I don't typically look for tires that give a soft ride, but I did have some Continental ContiProContacts that I thought gave a nice ride.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Saab(s)
    Saab 9-3X
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    I think the smallest size wheel you can fit is 17". I also believe the tire size of those is 225/50R17. That will give you a bit more tire and cushion than with the 18" and there are a bunch of tires to choose from in that size. As far as specific wheels and tires? Well, I think Saab wheels look the best on Saabs, as many aftermarket wheels just don't seem to look right (there are exceptions), but that's entirely up to you. Just make sure you get the right offset/backspacing, width and bolt pattern, and you'll be fine. Tires are also up to you. I don't typically look for tires that give a soft ride, but I did have some Continental ContiProContacts that I thought gave a nice ride.
    Thank you I will try that size

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattifor View Post
    285/45ZR 18
    285 must be a typo? Your owners manual should list the recommended wheel and tire sizes.

Saab(s)
    Saab 9-3X
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    285 must be a typo? Your owners manual should list the recommended wheel and tire sizes.
    Sorry My mistake should read 235/45

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    In UK you probably don't need snows, but my 2008 XWD is on 225/50/17, Hankook Ipikes (snows), and they are quite comfortable. Same size if a conventional tire is mounted but speak you your tire dealer for a tire that will have a softer sidewall and more forgiving tread pattern.
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum

Saab(s)
    Saab 9-3X
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnanxwd View Post
    In UK you probably don't need snows, but my 2008 XWD is on 225/50/17, Hankook Ipikes (snows), and they are quite comfortable. Same size if a conventional tire is mounted but speak you your tire dealer for a tire that will have a softer sidewall and more forgiving tread pattern.
    Thank you so much, I dont think Snow tyre s are necessary for me but I shall certainly take you advice totry and aquire softer side wall tyres.
    Best regards
    mattifor