Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd

Angry 08 Aero gets a tow ..

No warning at all. Get in the car after it sat all week and the key will not turn, nor can I shift it (auto-tragic), nor will it start off my emergency (carry round), battery.

Tried to charge for two hours and the thing is locked up like Fort Knox.

26,000, will not charge, everything locked up (wheel and shifter).

Penny for your thoughts and all are appreciated.

Aero with the 280 six cylinder.

No horn or any sign of life except for the odometer reading is always on?
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum

Matt
    Saab(s)
    No Saabs :(... Just a Forester Turbo
    Battery in your key dead?

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Sounds like what happened when my ignition switch went bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd

fob battery ??

I did try both sets, even with an emergency (jump battery), could not even get the horn to sound. Only one dim light on the bottom of the door (for your feet), and even after two hours on a charger, not a thing. Nothing worked even quick start mode.

I got the auto-tragic out of "P" by pulling the rubber out of that little tray thingie and pushing down with a pencil (eraser end), so at least it was in "N" to get dragged onto the flat bed.

Thanks ... I hope it's not the ignition switch. Dealer said a shot or short in the battery? Does that sound right?

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Battery doesn't sound right, especially on car that new. Is it out of warranty already?

When my ignition went I had about two weeks warning. The car was doing all kinds of weird stuff. Keyless wouldn't work sometimes, I'd walk into the garage and the interior lights would be on, even after the car had been sitting overnight. There is plunger that drops when you insert the key, that plunger is what went bad, it was always stuck in the "on" position, basically the car "thought" that the key was in the ignition even when it wasn't. The lights being on randomly is what killed the battery and it was dead. It wouldn't hold a charge. The dealer thought it was the battery and just replaced it, I told them to keep it overnight and when they walked in the next morning, the interior lights were on.
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    The only odd thing was that a door was into the body shop for a respray (exterior only), and not the first, but the second time I started the car after that and was leaving the body shop lot, the message came up with something like ............... security system warning ....... but the shop owner had me shut down and restart and I never saw that message again.

Of course one of the shop kids could have left the door open setting up the death knell for the battery. Terminals were so clean it looked like you could eat off them.

2008 with 26,000 and the dealership said it was still under warranty so I didn't want to mess with too much.

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Who knows what can happen to a car when it's sitting in a body shop lot/garage?

It's still under warranty, so it probably won't cost you anything.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd

Hirsch calls it .. bingo !!

Only difference was that the car only gave one hint, on the second start up, leaving the body shop it had a security theft warning that shut off when I cycled it through one more time, it had been fine the following week.

I would have noticed lights on but that only happened at the dealer after they called me and said it was a bad battery which they replaced.

This is odd, they said they had to dismount all of the tires because it flashed a pressure sensor code when they replaced the battery?

Odd again is that they charged me for "breaking" the Saab air caps that they just sold me last month. They said aluminum on aluminum had bonded and those should have never been put on. Though they sell them.

So, the car was "released" on Wednesday but then they called and said that a mech noticed the interior lights on so they had to do the ignition.

In the long run, they charged me $18 to replace the air caps.

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Glad it was covered under warranty, $18 bucks for the valve caps is a rip-off. They sold them, they broke them, they should eat the cost.

So thats 2 that have had the same issue, that we know of. I wonder how many have to be reported before Saab would issue a TSB?

I don't have TPMS on mine. It wasn't even an option in 07.

I wonder if I'm going to become the guru of the modern Saabs?

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    We humbly bow in your direction Mighty Hirsch.

Nor, will we allow our shadows be cast upon your persona!

Hence, the ground upon which you walk or drive shall be deemed hallowed!

I think that the feds mandated the low pressure warnings in 2008 then. Sad because they can be a joy or pain and in this car they are pains. Why the f' didn't GM just toss out the technology that they had on the 2000 Corvette as standard? At least it told you the pressure in each tire and you could monitor daily and adjust for the temps?

I had to fight the urge to tell them to check the switch but I didn't. That made more sense than pulling the tires off to check the pressure sensors one by one?