Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    9000CSE, 9-3 Aero Convertible, 9-5 HOT Aero

Rear suspension....!

Noticed that the rear (driver's side) end has been swaying a bit on cornering or over bumpy surface. Suspect it may be the shock but how do I find out which spec to get, car is a 9-5 Hot Aero estate '93 model. Read somewhere that the Aero's came with sports suspension or uprated lowered suspension factory fitted!?!
    Noted Frank in his write-up changed from a black shock to a yellow brand (Bilstein).

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Not sure if they sell the Billstein B6 in the UK. Neobrothers has a B4 and B8 but no B6. But it can be confusing with part numbers. I am sure Neobrothers can help with more info. Saab Parts and Saab Spares

This is for the Aero Estate:
    Parts for Saabs: 9-5 02'-05' 5 door Damper (Cars with Sports Chassis) - Rear (see descr.)

More info about the Bilstein's I used: http://saabworld.net/f9/rear-shock-a...-springs-1681/

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    9000CSE, 9-3 Aero Convertible, 9-5 HOT Aero
    Thanks Frank.
    Checked yesterday under the car, leaking shock on the rear off side. Have ordered the Sachs replacement pair from PFS. Don't load the car much or drive like it like a go-cart, so reckon the Sachs should do ok for another good few years and miles.
    Strange these go quickly on the 9-5, my 9-3 is still going strong with the original rear shocks and is a few years older as well!