Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    96 anniversary, 9-3 Convertible

Courtesy light fault 9000cse

Hi all, a bit baffled with this one, I have a 1997 9000cse with a courtesy light issue, all the lights work all bulbs fine, courtesy lights work as they should when o/s/f and o/s/r doors are opened door lights and roof light ok. When I open either n/s/f or n/s/r doors no lights come on, first thought was door switch but they are ok I also tested the feeds and earth at the switch and I have a live to both poles of switch, if I force an earth on one of them the lights come on until switch is opened again turning them off via the timer, I looked in the Haynes manual I have and it just shows the lights as connected to one circuit but this is not the case as all door lights would come on whichever door was opened which they're not ment to and don't. My question is what controls the lights and where is it located so I can find why the earth is live, I have ruled out a short on the basis of making it an earth makes it work and if it was a short it would trip my powerprobe. Hope someone can help cheers in advance.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Door switches turn it on and off with doors. Switch in center console overrides or turns the circuit on. Overall they share a fuse with the central locking system.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    96 anniversary, 9-3 Convertible
    Hi Burnside, thx for that, is the centre console switch the 'control' part of the circuit, by that i mean the point that controls which lights come on with which door? I might just swap the console switch blocks from both my CSEs and see if the fault follows. will post the result of the test.