Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Scott Hutchings
    Too much to do, no time! SaabScott's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2009 9-7X 5.3i

Help!!! IT gurus needed!!!

OK, I'm no slouch when it comes to computers, software, networks, etc, but this one has me stumped!!!!

I keep getting this message when trying to access different (random) messages within Outlook 2007.

"The folder 'Inbox' cannnot be selected. This may be because of a limitation of
    your IMAP server or the folder may have been deleted or moved."

I am in the process of "attempting" to download the entire mail db from GMail to see if that helps ... early indications are that it isn't going to fix anything.
    I have changed from subscribing to all of my folders to none and back again ... this helps a little, but not for very long.

I am getting frustrated and very annoyed.

I use Outlook for the mail, calendaring, and contacts. To date, I haven't found anything even close in comparison for its ability to manage everything in one application
    President, The Saab Club of Canada
    www.SaabClub.ca

Matt
    Saab(s)
    No Saabs :(... Just a Forester Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by SaabScott View Post
    OK, I'm no slouch when it comes to computers, software, networks, etc, but this one has me stumped!!!!

I keep getting this message when trying to access different (random) messages within Outlook 2007.

"The folder 'Inbox' cannnot be selected. This may be because of a limitation of
    your IMAP server or the folder may have been deleted or moved."

I am in the process of "attempting" to download the entire mail db from GMail to see if that helps ... early indications are that it isn't going to fix anything.
    I have changed from subscribing to all of my folders to none and back again ... this helps a little, but not for very long.

I am getting frustrated and very annoyed.

I use Outlook for the mail, calendaring, and contacts. To date, I haven't found anything even close in comparison for its ability to manage everything in one application
    We use Google business applications. Not only do we never need to fix outlook problems, everything is stored "in the cloud" so no backing up crap either.
    The Gmail / Calendar / Contacts interface can do anything and everything that outlook can do, without crashing.

But to solve your outlook problem, have you tried using POP instead of IMAP?

Scott Hutchings
    Saab(s)
    2009 9-7X 5.3i
    Quote Originally Posted by SaabBoon View Post
    We use Google business applications. Not only do we never need to fix outlook problems, everything is stored "in the cloud" so no backing up crap either.
    The Gmail / Calendar / Contacts interface can do anything and everything that outlook can do, without crashing.

But to solve your outlook problem, have you tried using POP instead of IMAP?

So, I forgot to mention that one of the reasons I am using Outlook is the syncronization capability with my BlackBerry.

This problem is new ... ran Outlook (same version) installed on another hard drive for years without any issues. Also, never have to back anything up as it all sits within the GMail cloud and with a new install, I just pull a copy down and I'm good to go.

No, I haven't tried using POP instead ... consider that to be moving backwards.

As for the Gmail / Calendar / Contacts interface, can that be sync'd up with a BlackBerry?
    www.SaabClub.ca

Scott Hutchings
    Saab(s)
    2009 9-7X 5.3i
    Go figure ... recently applied some MS updates and WHAMO, Outlook now works the way it was supposed to!

Damn computers!
    www.SaabClub.ca