Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

charging issue on alternator

Have 1999 saab 9 3 and thought alternator was bad after thoughts of battery.....not either one....issue having is alternator is not charging when running even tho it is good(had alternator tested) any ideas of why it wont charge with good power going to it for it to continuously not charge baterry while in ise

So we have new battery and alternator is good(all 3 we had on it in 2 days all tested good) that wasn't fun but kinda a pro at it now haha....and alternator still doesn't change while running??? Any help to what I should be looking for or at???? Lost and need help

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Hmmm... I'm an electrical dummy when it comes to this stuff. Have you checked your fuses?
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Yes we checked all the fuses and all where good

Mike Anderson

Saab(s)
    1994 900S Convertible
    I had a problem with the alternator on my 94 900S convertible. I had three alternator brackets break, each time the alternator failed to charge the battery because the belt was no longer properly positioned. Even though I used all the proper bushings, the bracket still vibrated so badly that it broke. I am on my 4th bracket and it still vibrates, any ideas on that?

mjasgt