Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Could it be in limp-home mode? I am sure you already checked that. http://saabworld.net/f29/limp-home-r...b-9-5-a-27538/

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2007 9-5
    Checked air filter and intake airbox when this 1st happened. Clean as a whistle.
    I'll have to get a pressure gauge.

I have checked limp mode approx 4639 times desperately hoping that is the issue - unfortunately as hard as I wish, it hasn't been in limp mode. (On the bright side - I am now the foremost expert on checking limp mode)
    Can't change the fuel filter, 06-09 the filters are in the fuel pump.

I'm really beginning to like the idea of a bicycle, but I've heard they are not much fun on the interstate.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I had something similar when the engine had no power and wouldn't even idle. It was caused by a loose vacuum hose on the throttle body. But you mentioned you replaced the vacuum lines so that's probably not it either.

You have the TD04 turbo and those should last well beyond 100K miles. For how long have you had the car and did it suddenly start happening?

A bad tank of gas or water in the gas? Putting in a bottle of Heet wouldn't hurt.

Luis R
    Saab(s)
    03' 9-5 Linear wagon
    Welp...where the hard pipe at I/C outet to throttle body is, drill and tap a test port for boost reading. 1/8" pipe thread will be plenty, install a 1/8" pipe hose barb to pipe with sealant. Do not over tighten. Install a long enough section of hose and clamp tight. This way you can remote mount test hose outside of car for real world data. I would mount by wiper arms and have them hold hose down, gauge facing windshield. Install same size hose barb to gauge with sealant and clamp hose tightly. Combo boost/vac gauge will show both ends of spectrum under different load conditions. Go for a drive and record reading, have a co pilot record data for you. When completed install 1/8" pipe plug to close off test port. Hope this helps.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2007 9-5
    I have made sure all vacuum hoses are tight when I replaced them. Any lines that I though could be a bit tighter were cable tied.
    According to the mechanic the turbo is fine and spools up no problem. I removed the inlet and didn't see anything suspect on that end of the turbo.
    Although the problem didn't appear overnight, it appeared over a week or two. I was hoping gas too, but I have used 1/3 of a tank of new gas with no change.

I am 2nd owner of the car, bought it at 50K miles about a year ago.
    The original owner took 5+ years to put 50K on it. Not sure if that 50K was short trips (could be a little hard on a turbo) or a few longer drives.
    Considering the leather on the driver's seat looked almost brand new, I would side with a few longer drives.

I really like the idea of an external test port!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2007 9-5
    Just spoke to one guy who has Saab on his website..."Saab...I hate Saabs. I wish they would all burn to the ground. Glad they went out of business".
    Hmmmm....I guess he doesn't want to look at it.

He did a "hot potato" and pointed me to another guy who will look at it in the morning.
    Fixed or not, I have a really nice 2007 9-5 for sale as this has taken a month to get this far!

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Has it ever had any engine work done to it?
    Does it have the proper spark plugs in it and fitted.
    Has anyone checked the by-pass valve to see if it's stuck open?
    Has anyone checked for codes? If so - what are they?
    2007 does NOT have a fuel filter.
    Does the Fuel LEVEL gauge work?
    What is the fuel pressure reading @ the rail cranking v.s. running @ Idle?

Bring it to me - I'll diagnose it and fix it right.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2007 9-5
    No work done on it
    The proper plugs are gapped and installed (ran 2 dics - the same)
    Yes, I have checked the bypass - it is OK.
    Per many boost issues - there are no codes.
    I know the 07 has no filter.
    Yes, the fuel level works correctly.
    No idea what the pressure is, I lost my gauge and have not picked up another yet.

"Bring it to me - I'll diagnose it and fix it right." - wow...that's a great deal of attitude for a moderator!
    Time for me to go somewhere with a little less attitude.

Saab(s)
    2005 9-5 ARC
    That's not attitude, it is a good offer to a guy who is giving up.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-5 Aero wagon
    Check the maf, it will cause this. swap out one with a good one. You may have a code too P0101?? or something like that. Try some MAF cleaner spray. Its @ 8.00 make sure you get air mass meter cleaner. IIRC the fuel filter comes with the pump... and the tank may need to be dropped, went with the new style pump aka 9-3...