Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Chevy Chase, District Of Columbia, United States
    Saab(s)
    Now Saab 9-3 convertible 2008, former 900 NG convertible '96, 9-3 convertible '99

looking for a wiring diagram for my aftermarket heated seats

Hi I have a 2008 9-3 convertible without seat heating. I managed to buy two aftermarket seat heaters with a switch on both of the cables so they can be put on high, low or off position. I also bought a new climate control pannel because mine didnt had the switches for the seat heating (left and right). What I would like to do is to instal these wires on these new switches. But when I pulled the old control panel of today i noticed that it is fetched on a soldiered(welded) print plate. So what i can do now is to look at the wire diagram to pick out the right wires and put them on these cablesWho has a wire diagram for the climate control panel of a 2008 saab 9-3?
    Thanx!

Joost

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    You are going about this a little wrong.

I plan to do similar - but you need to get a relay as well. Then splice into the wiring beneath the seat. Once this is done the ACC will need to be PROGRAMMED via a Tech2 to the car. I THINK this will work but I have not done so yet on my car. Wiring diagram to follow.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Name:  08 93 heated seat diagram.jpg
Views: 1604
Size:  33.2 KB

[FONT=Verdana] Electrically heated seats[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana] List of components[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]No[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]Name[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]location[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Illustration[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Components[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]64A[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]Seat heating pad, seat cushion[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]in the seat[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]64B[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]Seat heating pad, backrest[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]in the backrest[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]216[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]ACC control module[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]centre of the dashboard[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]254[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]Seat heating pad temperature sensor[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]in the seat's seat cushion[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]511FL[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]Relay, electric heating, left seat[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]511FR[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]Relay, electric heating, right seat[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]701[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Rear electrical centre,[/FONT] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]on wall behind LH rear wheel housing[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]15[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]16[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]2 pin connector[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]H2-7[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]In the right seat[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]H2-8[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]In the left seat[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]8-pin connectors[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]H8-14[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]In the left seat[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]H8-15[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]In the right seat[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]33-pin connector[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]H33-4[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]Under RH A-pillar[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]40 pin connector[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]H40-1[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]Under left-hand seat.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]H40-2[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]Under right-hand seat.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]102-pin connector[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]H102-1[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]Under the left A-pillar[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Crimps[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]J75[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]LHD:[/FONT] Approx. 180 mm from branching of grounding point G41 towards grounding point G43[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]RHD:[/FONT] Approx. 140 mm from the light switch branching point towards the CIM[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]J101[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]Approx. 280 mm from the left-hand seat connector[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]J106[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]4D/5D:[/FONT] Approx. 280 mm from the right-hand seat connector[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]CV:[/FONT] Approx. 50 mm from the right-hand seat[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Grounding points[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]G33P[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]By floor below LH A-pillar (black tape)[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]G34P[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]By the floor below the right A-pillar (black tape)[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com