Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    94-x and 9/3 Convertible
    Hi I have 2011 9-4x same problem. Both Right and Left LEDs stopped working. They will blink once in a while. I can't find anybody that knows how to fix the circuit board in the tail light assembly. Also can't find
    new Tail Light Assemblies any where in the country. GM part number 15890923 pas. side and 15890924 dr. side. Can't find any body who knows who made these for GM.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    The LED Rear Lamp of the Cadillac SRX is made by North American Lighting so my best guess is they also made tail light assemblies for the 9-4X.

http://www.nal.com/rearlamps.aspx
    http://saabworld.net/showthread.php?...ll=1#post36853

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x, 2008 9-3 Aero, had 2005 9-3 Arc, '93 9000CSE, '86 9000Turbo
    There is always this option to get working rear running lights... http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/252238247139

gets the brake lights to be on dim along with the LED "eye brows" so if the LED Eye Brows go out, you still have tail lights...

Saab(s)
    SAAB 94x areo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Hi I have 2011 9-4x same problem. Both Right and Left LEDs stopped working. They will blink once in a while. I can't find anybody that knows how to fix the circuit board in the tail light assembly. Also can't find
    new Tail Light Assemblies any where in the country. GM part number 15890923 pas. side and 15890924 dr. side. Can't find any body who knows who made these for GM.
    I have a working drivers side tail-light if your interested

Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x
    I would love to buy that drivers taillight from you! Please email me
    thanks!!

Saab(s)
    2010 9-5 Aero, 20119-4x
    I decided to eliminate the led issue by replacing the brake light socket and bulb with a combination taillight brake light. You need to get 7443 Bulb Socket Brake Turn Signal Light Harness Wire LED Pig Tail Plug 7440 T20 and the light bulbs that go in them. You can get the bulbs anywhere and the sockets online. I got mine on eBay for $6. You need to cut off the old socket and rewire to the new socket.

1) connect the two black leads from the original socket the white wire on the new socket
    2) connect the yellow wire from the original socket to the green wire on the new socket
    3) cut the brown wire that leads to the original LED taillight and connect both halves to the red wire of the new socket

I chose to solder the connection using heat shrink to seal the connections. One of my oil taillights still works and If the lights go out,I can get new bulbs anywhere. The socket is a tight fit so you may have to file the hole in the housing a little bit with a round file.

A potentially $500 problem can be fixed for $10

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X, 1978 99 Turbo, 1964 GT850
    I had the same problem with the 9-4X 3.0 Premium I bought. One LED worked and the other didn't I bought a working used one for $250, but after 6 months neither was working. I decided to dig into the issue, took apart 3-4 units to learn all their dirty tricks, but bottom line I am now able to open the sonic welded housing, repair the LED array (cracked conductors due to thermal expansion/contraction - lucky I found a good microsoldering repair shop), and reseal the lens to the housing. I just finished my 12th one today, so if you need one done drop me a note - gpstottler at gmail dot com. $219 including return shipping, takes about 3-4 days on my end, guaranteed to work for 12 months.

Are you willing to share any information on taking apart the sonic weld housing and resealing -- that's the procedure I need for my rear hatch door handle / center light? It works but leaks so I have constant condensation / water -- I'm in Seattle so it is a problem. I fixed the door opener part but want this fixed too -- no new replacement part is available with BU camera.

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by Stottler View Post
    I had the same problem with the 9-4X 3.0 Premium I bought. One LED worked and the other didn't I bought a working used one for $250, but after 6 months neither was working. I decided to dig into the issue, took apart 3-4 units to learn all their dirty tricks, but bottom line I am now able to open the sonic welded housing, repair the LED array (cracked conductors due to thermal expansion/contraction - lucky I found a good microsoldering repair shop), and reseal the lens to the housing. I just finished my 12th one today, so if you need one done drop me a note - gpstottler at gmail dot com. $219 including return shipping, takes about 3-4 days on my end, guaranteed to work for 12 months.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    94-x and 9/3 Convertible
    Do you have any 94x Tail Light assemblies for sale? Mine are coming apart.

No tail lights available

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Do you have any 94x Tail Light assemblies for sale? Mine are coming apart.

The outside tail lights (with turn signals and LED running lights) just are not available -- the saab site reported in July that they were searching for a vendor and still say the same thing -- although I don't know why it's taking so long if they really wanted to supply these. They were defective so it would be nice if we could get replacements.

If anyone knows of any available, I'd be glad to buy.
    Joel