Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium, 2010 9-5 Aero, 2008 TurboX SC
    Quote Originally Posted by packardv8 View Post
    The piece of info still missing is what part is actually failing? Since the LEDs flash briefly at startup, it would seem they are still functioning, but something in the solid state switching circuit is the culprit.

jack vines
    Something to do with the adhesive holding the LEDs to where they need to be ... dries up in excessive heat and the vibration knocks the LEDs strip out of kilter. Read it somewhere ... will continue to look for the post. I know that's not very helpful.

That said, current solution is still to buy the whole thing.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    '95 9000 Aero, '98 9000 CSE, '05 9-5, '11 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by brownieone View Post
    Something to do with the adhesive holding the LEDs to where they need to be ... dries up in excessive heat and the vibration knocks the LEDs strip out of kilter.
    That still wouldn't explain why the LEDs come on at start-up and immediately go off. The LEDs are still functioning. Just something in the switching isn't.

jack vines

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    '11 9-4X Aero, '07 9-3 Aero Conv, had 9-3 Conv (99) 9000 (86)
    Quote Originally Posted by packardv8 View Post
    That still wouldn't explain why the LEDs come on at start-up and immediately go off. The LEDs are still functioning. Just something in the switching isn't.

jack vines
    that means it has a weak connection somewhere inside, I took mine out, and started disconnecting and connecting where it connects to the whole assembly (for all the bulbs) and after a while I guess it became warm enough to light up steady again. But after few days driving in the cold weather (I park it in heated garage) it stopped working again. But still blinks. I got a new light, and will try to fix the old one some day. Will keep you posted if I can fix and sod it...

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    '95 9000 Aero, '98 9000 CSE, '05 9-5, '11 9-4X
    Our weather has warmed up here and the left LED is working again. Definitely a connection or switching problem and definitely temperature related.

jack vines

Saab Fan
    Either the Coast or Mountains of North Carolina
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium FWD
    Just took mine into the dealership on Monday. There are 3 in the country (as of Monday) and they were able to snag one for me. Current Price is 317.57.

They said that the product had been updated with a new seal around the light. The new one is lasting longer (Hendrick uses Saabs as company and loaner vehicles, including 9-4x's that have had this replaced) and they said it last about 2-3 years. The cold definitely sparks it. If you have a warranty coverage, etc. I would recommend getting it replaced. Otherwise, unless you can find a used one cheap, I wouldn't bother.
    Last edited by Jonathannm; 13 March 2015 at 01:34.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    '11 9-4X Aero, '07 9-3 Aero Conv, had 9-3 Conv (99) 9000 (86)

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    94-x and 9/3 Convertible
    Hi, Have you found out how to repair the tail lights yet. Both of mine have quit and am unable to find tail light assemblies New or Used. Would appreciate any help to repair the tail lights. Jon
    Last edited by Jon; 19 December 2015 at 22:46. Reason: mispelled word

Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Aero

LED Tail light Bar

Do you happen to still have the part number for the LED Bar with the SAAB logo? I can't seem to find it on the web. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dMod View Post
    tail lights, HEADLIGHTS items in HAMMYSAUTO store on eBay! (see also above post #5 from kruegssaab)

I also bought there the rear 3rd breake bar for 150$. Only for stock in case I need a spare part...

Attachment 11799

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    94-x and 9/3 Convertible
    I had the rear Light Bar Replaced in Feb.2, 2015 This is what is on my paperwork S15890917 APPLIQUE ASM-L/G I believe it is the part number, also called The Rear Hatch Exterior Light Assembly. Only other number on Invoice is 94012 CP. Part was $510.72 Dealer said they got part from Saab Warehouse in PA.

Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Aero
    Thanks for your help. It appears the part number is 15890917 after plugging it into Saab parts sites, eeuroparts and esaabparts. It appears that there are two versions of the part: one for cars with a rear camera and one for those without. I'll need the one for the rear camera. I have contacted esaabparts.com/Saab of Houston to confirm the right part for my 9-4x Aero.