Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-3 ARC 05 auto
    Just a thought, if a light is out but the bulb and fuse are ok, it could be an earth issue

user name is an anagram of real name

Saab(s)
    2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Wagon
    For the life of me, I cannot find a decent diagram of the wiring around the headlamps. My right front low beam is out, but the garage says the bulb is fine, and notes the wires connecting the lamp assembly to the rest are previously fried and someone tried to salvage them. I found OEM Part F90006 pigtail to get from light to the rest, but at the garage a second time, they said I need the wiring harness after that. So what does F90006 connect to "on the rest of the car" side of things, not the headlamp itself? (2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Wagon)

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    2011 2.0 9-5 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by screamjoke View Post
    For the life of me, I cannot find a decent diagram of the wiring around the headlamps. My right front low beam is out, but the garage says the bulb is fine, and notes the wires connecting the lamp assembly to the rest are previously fried and someone tried to salvage them. I found OEM Part F90006 pigtail to get from light to the rest, but at the garage a second time, they said I need the wiring harness after that. So what does F90006 connect to "on the rest of the car" side of things, not the headlamp itself? (2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Wagon)
    I strongly recommend that you either download WIS from the links on this site or use WIS On-line the diagrams for your car are excellent.

Saab(s)
    2009 9-5 Estate Turbop Edition
    My thanks to Renato, the Original Poster. I pulled the module and resoldered as described an the left high beam is now working (see page 1). As a bonus, the high beam indicator on the dash now works where it didn't previously.

Regards

Mark

Saab(s)
    95 2.0t Arc 2004
    Hi …I’m new to this so, I hope I am posting this in the right area...if not please let me know and I’ll rectify.

I have a problem with my lights too!

The sidelights work
    The main beam lights work

But the dipped headlights do not work. Both left and right are out.

I have checked the fuses (numbers 11 and 13 (as per the Owner’sMmanual) – both are fine and as new.

I don’t have the facility to check the relays (except I can hear them clicking when switching) but given that the main beam relay (number 14) and the dipped headlight relay (number 15) are the same I swapped them over. And, the problem did shift to the main beam. The problem remains as described above.

I checked the lamp in the left headlight unit. That’s fine. ( I didn’t check the right one as its impossible to get to and I thought if the left one is fine then the right one is likely to be)

I checked the voltage at the left lamp and it is reading 0.1v – I am taking that as good as nothing.

I notice elsewhere on this forum someone posted a circuit diagram of the lighting circuit and there is mention of another relay. Unfortunately, it did not say where the relay was – physically. So I have been unable to find it and check it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    2011 2.0 9-5 Aero
    This is the circuit diagram for a 2007 9-5 with Xenons. It came from WIS where the other diagrams can also be found,
    Name:  9-5 headlights circuit_01.JPG
Views: 358
Size:  44.1 KB