Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    J. Tucker
    Saab(s)
    2005 9-3 Arc 2008 9-3 Aero

Slaughtered a big deer - need many parts - best places to find them

What a reason to join SAAB World.net. We love, if that is the right word, our Saab.

My 2005 9-3 Arc with Drivers Package, Xenon lights, Moonroof, Parking assist, and other goodies (VA tag SAAAAB) had a major run in with a pair of deer last Sunday at about 60mph. I am intent on repairing the car myself after I settle with the insurance company. I will be looking for everything to the right of the left headlight. The left headlight and air dam appear to be the only parts to survive this, including the hood. Radiator is not leaking but may be tweaked a bit. AC condenser is leaking. All lights, except for left hand side are wiped out, so is right fender. Any advice on where to get the best replacement parts would be very helpful.

J.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    For used Saab parts, check out Used Saab Parts: Goldwing Recycled Saab Parts

For other car recyclers, check out Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

For new Saab parts, this threads lists many favorites: http://saabworld.net/f15/where-does-...ir-parts-1425/

Sorry to hear about the accident, hopefully your Saab will be back on the road again soon.

J. Tucker
    Saab(s)
    2005 9-3 Arc 2008 9-3 Aero
    Frank,

Thanks, am setting up a spreadsheet to sort out the best prices for all those parts. I also found an auto repair software site that lets you sign up for a 14 day trial of their estimating software. That helps sort out all the parts that may, or will, be needed.