Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ordered the part from an online saab parts website (saaboemparts.com?)
    a little over $100. fits much better. looks much better.

so even though you have to buy the cover separate i still think this works out cheaper than buying the full kit from Saab.

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  26.4 KB

Saab cover on the top, SRX on the bottom.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  33.9 KB

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x, 2008 9-3 Aero, had 2005 9-3 Arc, '93 9000CSE, '86 9000Turbo
    Well, I finally talked the wife into letting me add the hitch.. It took putting her bike and mine in, and seeing the bike racks that mount via a tow hitch in the Cycle shop that made her give in. I was going to do an after market hitch from Amazon, but when I told her the price difference, she said to get the Cadillac part to be sure it fits.

Saaboemparts.com directs me to GM Parts : Genuine GM Parts : Replacement GM Parts : Discount GM Parts They still have the 9-4x cover, good price too.

I'll be calling a Cadillac dealer Monday to see how their price for the hitch kit itself compares to getting it from the web site plus shipping. I'll most likely have no choice but to order the cover from the web site.

Edit: Cadillac dealer has hitch kit in stock. It will be about $15 more than from that web seller plus shipping, although I will have to pay PA sales tax. I will pick it up when I take my 9-4x in for service later this week. And I ordered the cover from the web seller. Dealer said its like $350 for the cover but doesn't appear to be available.
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 28 July 2014 at 14:29.

Saab(s)
    9.4x aero
    could you please send the exact link , i am looking and looking but can't find it they don't even offer any 9-4 parts as far as i can see.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sveba View Post
    could you please send the exact link , i am looking and looking but can't find it they don't even offer any 9-4 parts as far as i can see.
    See if this works -> http://www.partswebsite.com/discount.../19201642.html

Saab(s)
    9.4x aero
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
    there is no pic but is this the nice fitting Saab cover from the pics here or is the not so nice cover from caddilac?

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sveba View Post
    there is no pic but is this the nice fitting Saab cover from the pics here or is the not so nice cover from caddilac?
    Correct, there is no picture. But the listing does show Saab as the maker, the part number jeffgtx stated earlier in thread as being the Saab part, and the right description.

I found it on that site by searching on the part number, and selecting Saab as the maker. The Part Search box didn't show up until I picked the drop downs of Make, Year and Model. Since Saab 9-4x wasn't there, I picked Cadillac 2011 SRX... then when the parts search box appeared, I put in the part number and selected Saab as the make.

I hope that is it, as I did play my order for it... I guess I'll see when it gets here, unless someone else who has already received it confirms that is right.

Saab(s)
    9.4x aero
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
    Correct, there is no picture. But the listing does show Saab as the maker, the part number jeffgtx stated earlier in thread as being the Saab part, and the right description.

I found it on that site by searching on the part number, and selecting Saab as the maker. The Part Search box didn't show up until I picked the drop downs of Make, Year and Model. Since Saab 9-4x wasn't there, I picked Cadillac 2011 SRX... then when the parts search box appeared, I put in the part number and selected Saab as the make.

I hope that is it, as I did play my order for it... I guess I'll see when it gets here, unless someone else who has already received it confirms that is right.
    well i wil take the gamble as well then i already got the hitch installed and it really needs a decent cover.

thank you for all your help and searching !

Saab(s)
    9.4x aero
    just did the order they ask for your vin and you can place a comment so i attached the pictures from above and stated that i need the saab cover and not the caddy one so we will see what is going to happen.
    i am sure it is going to take quit a while as it has to be shipped to amsterdam (Holland Europe) i will keep everybody informed !

the price of shipping is higher than the part

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgtx View Post
    Well, to end any need for speculation, I spent a day of my holiday break to install the Cadillac trailer hitch kit (gm p/n 22758505) on my 9-4x Aero.

The kit consists of the:
    Trailer Hitch, Rear Fascia Closeout, Trailer Wiring Harness and any hardware (bolts, nuts, nut feed wire, etc).

The hitch and the wiring harness fit as is without modification. It's a very nice hitch and apparently has 4 more mounting points than most aftermarket ones i have seen online for a total of 8 (so 2x). The kit includes two bolts to add to the impact beam that connects with the frame. On the drawing it shows three factory installed bolts on each side and a spot for a fourth, but as far as i can tell, my saab had the fourth bolt already installed on each side.

installation requires the lowering of the exhaust which in turn requires the removal of the exhaust outlets. that is probably the biggest pain of the process as the screws for the outlets are hard to get to. everything else is quite clean.
    How long should the install take?

Any tips on lowering the exhaust? Do I need to jack up the car first? or can I leave it on the ground?

I'm going to attempt to do it this weekend.

Saab(s)
    9.4x aero
    i had it done by the dealer witch he said was a small job he took the bumber off and lowered the exhaust in total a couple of hours for the mechanical part off course the electrics can take another couple off hours depending on the type off wiring you want. as the whole job is done underneath the car i would not attempt this on the ground but i would use a lift for easy acces.