Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)
    '01 Viggen Convert, '91 Base 900 HB

Can't remove key from ignition, Sport Mode

Recently purchased '06 9-5 Sedan, 74K, Automatic. Key cannot be removed from the ignition. I have tried making sure the car is in park, changed the gear selector from drive to park and it will not come out. I have owned 2 other 9-5's and never seen this issue. I have driven the car for several days this way, turning it on and off and it remains the same. I have tried moderate pressure pulling upwards and the key will not move. It doesnt feel stuck it feels mechanically locked in place. Thoughts please? I would like to correct this. Is it perhaps the ignition cylinder?

Also when I start the car it appears to default to Sport Mode. I cannot shut Sport mode off with the S button. If I drive the car, stop put it in Park and back to Drive, Sport mode is no longer on. The S button appears to be non-functioning.

Thank you in advance.

Luis R
    Saab(s)
    03' 9-5 Linear wagon
    Sup...this is what you can do. Are you a very CONFIDENT minded person? If so find the key/ igntion removal procedure and remove the ign assem from the car. There is a possible issue with the LOCK pin mechanism, which is spring loaded and integrated into tumbler body. It happened to me with my Auto, but not the Sprt function issue though. Maybe after it will go away. Frank Wulfers is the PREZ on here...he will have the WIS breakdown. Check out his page. Hope this helps.

Luis R
    Saab(s)
    03' 9-5 Linear wagon
    http://saabworld.net/f29/ignition-sw...b-9-5-a-26395/ Give this a shot. I took mine COMPLETELY apart. Do NOT mix up the laser cut rectangles or you will NEVER get the car started or key in correctly again. You can also use a HD electrical cleaner from Home Depot, Blue can, I sprayed the crap out of my assembly afterwards it was as smooth as silk, babies bottom, whatever floats your boat.

Saab(s)
    '01 Viggen Convert, '91 Base 900 HB
    Quote Originally Posted by saab95er View Post
    http://saabworld.net/f29/ignition-sw...b-9-5-a-26395/ Give this a shot. I took mine COMPLETELY apart. Do NOT mix up the laser cut rectangles or you will NEVER get the car started or key in correctly again. You can also use a HD electrical cleaner from Home Depot, Blue can, I sprayed the crap out of my assembly afterwards it was as smooth as silk, babies bottom, whatever floats your boat.

Thank you for the response and the link on the ignition. I think I may order a new cylinder from SAAB and install it. They are available and will be known good moving forward.