Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2.0T Aero
    Hans, you could try sending a request to Denso Navigation Repair, there is an online form to fill out. Alternatively you could e-mail Stefan Wilschut @ navi_repair@denso.ni, regards
    Colin

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 95 Aero XWD
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans Chr. View Post
    But if it is possible to update the firmware to E800 from a USB stick, why should it be impossible to update the map from a USB stick? Or is the hardware different? What is the navigation system in a Saab 9-5 NG 2012 model?
    Windows CE modified, I heard. In Poland are guys which are able to install in NG95 Saab Polish version of different product called Automapa. Automapa is mostly for Windows and Android.

Saab(s)
    2012 9-5 SC TTiD AWD Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by radbis View Post
    Windows CE modified, I heard. In Poland are guys which are able to install in NG95 Saab Polish version of different product called Automapa. Automapa is mostly for Windows and Android.
    Thanks! Do you mean that I just can buy a AutoMapa for Windows, and then I can download this Europe Map, and it will work?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 95 Aero XWD
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans Chr. View Post
    Thanks! Do you mean that I just can buy a AutoMapa for Windows, and then I can download this Europe Map, and it will work?
    It is not probably as easy as we think. Firstly we should asure we are able to access file system. There is one option I think possible: burn on CD or DVD with Total or Midnight Commander for Win CE and replace its main.exe file for autorun.exe (I have read this tip on XDA site). It is possibly that you will be able to structure of OS and directories. From this point we must figure out how to install another GPS nav system developed for CE. Maybe putting it on same disc ia an kind of idea? I found also on another site that our own prepared autorun.exe should be located on CD in folder named 2750 or so- don't remeber. You must do your own homework on google. There is not still confimed proper displaing nav tips on HUD and on central display behind sterring wheel. Even if you will install e.g. Automapa, I still dont know how to configure hardware buttons below main LCD screen. But as I heard guys from Warsaw know. I am still collecting information by my contact from local Saab dealer. Asking them slowly, not forcing. They asking for this service over $1k. For this price it is crazy so I am trying to do this by myself, but got other things to do with my 95 now like replace burned out LEDs im trunk blend light. If you will go forward with this help then share your work please

Saab(s)
    2010 9-5 NG
    Thanks to this thread managed to install the e800 update after trying without the engine running tried it with the engine running while parked up and update ran and installed great, fixed memory and time issues. UK Aero TTID

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    Hope you are liking the other threads here also.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    2011 2.0 9-5 Aero
    Considering that my Garmin device is running 2018-01 mapping this isn't reassuring. I think the Garmin will be earning its keep for a while yet.

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    Hi GeoffR - please be aware this page is for the NG9-5 (2010 - 12). Not that you can't be here but the comments are for these models.
    Hope you find it interesting (and make you want to move on up!)
    TTFN

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    2011 2.0 9-5 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by Gepe View Post
    Hi GeoffR - please be aware this page is for the NG9-5 (2010 - 12). Not that you can't be here but the comments are for these models.
    Hope you find it interesting (and make you want to move on up!)
    TTFN

Gepe,
    I have just put a deposit on a 2011 9-5 Aero so my comment is perfectly appropriate. My signature says 2005 9-5 Aero because that is what is on my drive. It has a Kenwood Radio/CD/DAB/Bluetooth/Nav unit fitted and has more up to date maps than the car I am buying hence my comment.

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    NOT an issue but I was trying to let you know that any comments you see may not have been applicable to your car.
    I was not trying to chase you away - far from it. Apologies if this appeared to be the case.

I have a 2012 Ttid Aero and have found the comments / suggestions from the group very helpful - hope you do to.
    No updates to the NG SatNav since about 2012/13 but many members are using their phones for updated maps etc.

Will you be keeping the current car?
    TTFN