Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5NG SC

Navigation GPS map and firmware updates for Saab 9-5 NG

So I finally got a hold of the navigation map updates for my 9-5NG. Took €249 and about 80 minutes but I'm running "20.12.02" now.
    More info on where to buy the discs and the actual upgrade process in the attached PDF file (whole process pertains the EU version, but I have no reason to believe that the same process wouldn't work for the US version too, with the US maps that is). And to confirm, the SAAB logo is still in its rightful place
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nordwulf; 23 August 2017 at 12:40. Reason: changed thread title

Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium, 2010 9-5 Aero, 2008 TurboX SC
    For the USA version, the current update gets you to version "20.13.02" ... and it also takes 80 minutes. I am hoping that is for second half of 2013 and not February of 2013, as I purchased a 2014 DVD.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5NG SC
    Good to know, Brownieone and thanks again for trying it yourself earlier with the US version (through gmnavdisc.com, right?). Your experiences gave me confidence to try it also, so happy to finally have a way to get our maps updated on both sides of the Pond ��

Saab(s)
    9-5 NG,9-3SS
    I have 9-5 NG 2011 from USA with factory installed navigation(Navteq/Denso). Can I upload European maps into US version of navigation? Will it work?

Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 9-5NG_SC View Post
    Good to know, Brownieone and thanks again for trying it yourself earlier with the US version (through gmnavdisc.com, right?). Your experiences gave me confidence to try it also, so happy to finally have a way to get our maps updated on both sides of the Pond 
    Correct. From gmnavdisc.com, it is this disc:

GM - North America Map Update - DENSO Global A - v.2014 SKU# 23175134

One will need to spoof it with 2010-2012 Buick Lacrosse from dropdown menu, but it is ok to enter in the 9-5's VIN when ordering on the website.

There may be a 20% discount this December once again ... has been for at least the last two years.

Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by termit View Post
    I have 9-5 NG 2011 from USA with factory installed navigation(Navteq/Denso). Can I upload European maps into US version of navigation? Will it work?
    I have no first hand experience with doing this, but have heard "no." Autohaus Lafrentz in Kiel, Germany should be able to definitely tell you though.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 95, 2010 95
    Quote Originally Posted by brownieone View Post
    I have no first hand experience with doing this, but have heard "no." Autohaus Lafrentz in Kiel, Germany should be able to definitely tell you though.
    I also have the US specification Saab in Europe and would love to have the European maps

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    95 2012
    Good afternoon,
    did your system suffer the 'Belgium' problem beforehand? Does it now store locations?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5NG SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Paultuszynski View Post
    Good afternoon,
    did your system suffer the 'Belgium' problem beforehand? Does it now store locations?
    Unfortunately the GPS map update only updates just that. The issue you're describing is firmware related and as far as I understand there is a Service Bulletin around it that in most case can fix the problem.

Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 9-5NG_SC View Post
    Unfortunately the GPS map update only updates just that. The issue you're describing is firmware related and as far as I understand there is a Service Bulletin around it that in most case can fix the problem.
    Correct ... and "Belgium problem" in USA is "Washington DC problem"....