Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasaabi View Post
    There are States that are charging the person to rescue them...they just send you the bill afterwards.
    I didn't know that.

Sunderland's journey was rushed, not very good prepared and the parents had plans for a reality show. In that case, I agree they should be presented with the bill for the rescue effort. Was the Qantas plane all the way from Australia really necessary?

I found this article quite interesting.
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/06...end-rule-seas/

Wrestrepo
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    <Facepalm>
    Thats the thing, she is experienced.

And sorry, someone trying to sail around the world at the age of 14 is far different that drugs. Yes, they are risky-- thats about all they share-- but one is just tripping on some illegal substances that can kill you, while the other uses talent, skills, knowledge, physical training, mental training, determination and other good qualities to push oneself on an amazing journey. And yes, I am thinking of the actions of a 14 year old. At 14 could I have done this? Nope. But I went skiing where I knew people twice my age couldn't have gone. It's not about age, it's maturity, and experience, and she definitely has experience, and only those that know her, know if she has the prior.

It is obvious that drugs and sports are not the same (facepalm back). My analogy was referring to the parents allowing their teen to engage in risky behavior. Would you say/agree that it is risky? even if she had experience?

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasaabi View Post
    It is obvious that drugs and sports are not the same (facepalm back). My analogy was referring to the parents allowing their teen to engage in risky behavior. Would you say/agree that it is risky? even if she had experience?
    Can't keep you kids locked inside forever. I hope when the day comes that I have kid(s), that by the time they are 14 I can tell if they are able to complete a trip around the world... and if they are doing drugs, they most likely wouldn't be ready for a trip like that.

Matt
    Saab(s)
    No Saabs :(... Just a Forester Turbo
    Glad wasaabi isn't one of my parents

Every once and a while people attempt to do remarkable things. Let them be.

Wrestrepo
    Quote Originally Posted by SaabBoon View Post
    Glad wasaabi isn't one of my parents

Every once and a while people attempt to do remarkable things. Let them be.
    Listen, I started college when I was 15....was it "remarkable"? yes, but it was not right. I was not ready to do that, despite my "maturity" and "preparation" for that moment, and my own believe that I was. Kids are kids, despite the way we look at them and how mature they appear to be.

Heck, Roman Polanski said that the 13 year old that he had sex with knew what she was doing and was very mature for her age......Still didn't make it right....

Wrestrepo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave 37 View Post
    Why not? I know of a Saab driver that started college at age 13.
    for the same reason that getting married at that age is not right....I cannot put it into words though...this is more a personal opinion question than anything else at this point....

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Looks like something is wrong with her steering... from her last post she still can't figure out what it is. At least she is at port with this problem.