Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Kathy Janes

Saab(s)
    2008 9-5 2.3T

New Key?

I just bought a 2008 9.5 and so far I love it. However, the dealer had only one key. We have ordered a blank to have a new one made, but it seems that no one in the Indianapolis area can cut the key for us. The former Saab dealer can program it, but they don't have the machine to cut it! Anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks!

Saab(s)
    2008 9-5 Aero
    Contact Roger at Clearcom at Lost Saab Keys. He can cut the key for you. In the future you can order the keys cut from him also for about $100.

Kathy Janes

Saab(s)
    2008 9-5 2.3T
    Thank You, Frank! Wish I'd posted this here first, but still this is a great help.
    Kathy

Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi
    You can also order a cut key from a dealer for about 50.00. You can do it by phone with your vin. You can buy a used key from e bay cheap and take them both in to the dealer and they can reprogram the used key (can be done 1 time on al keys) for another 50.00

Kathy Janes

Saab(s)
    2008 9-5 2.3T
    Our dealership wanted something like $250 or more if we ordered the key through them, but then they came back later and said that they no longer order keys! We did manage to get the new key cut today, so will take it to the dealership tomorrow to have it programmed. I sure wish I had found this forum sooner though! Going forward I'll come here first before anything else. I'm grateful for the help!

Saab(s)
    2008 9-5 Aero
    Kathy, it is very important that you have at least two keys programmed to your car at all times. You must bring them both to the dealer at the same time, as they have to sync them to the car at the same time. Always make sure that you have a minimum of two. If you lose one, get another immediately. If ever all of the keys are lost, it will cost a minimum of $600 to get everything working again though the lost saab keys website. The dealership will want about $2500 if all keys are lost.
    Measure with a micrometer. Mark it with chalk. Cut it with a chainsaw. Collary: Measure Twice. Cut Thrice. Keep cussing.