Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-3

P1110 problems with charge air valve

I have a 2001 9-3. I have replaced the vacuum hoses, replaced the charge air vavle twice, and replaced the selenoid that is housed on the drivers dide near the brake fluid container and I am still getting the p1110 code. I do not know what to check next. Has anyone else had this problem? and were you able to get it fixed?

Roger Cook
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2008 9-5 Aero, 2006 9-3SC 2.0T, 2000 Viggen 'vert, SAAB Quantum, 2000 9-5 retired at 318K miles
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmelo View Post
    I have a 2001 9-3. I have replaced the vacuum hoses, replaced the charge air vavle twice, and replaced the selenoid that is housed on the drivers dide near the brake fluid container and I am still getting the p1110 code. I do not know what to check next. Has anyone else had this problem? and were you able to get it fixed?
    I have eliminated this problem by replacing the turbo by-pass valve, but it sounds as if you already did this twice. There is a triangular shaped controller with three hoses pinned to the top of the turbo inlet pipe, for which I forget its correct name, that is part of the system. There is also a pressure sensor on the inlet pipe going from the intercooler to the throttle body.

I am not advocating just throwing parts at the problem, but rather there are a couple more potential culprits that need to be looked at.

Boost control valve $43

Intake pressure sensor $75

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Replace all dry rotted vacuum hoses - and ensure they are all connected properly and are the right size and quality. Also be sure you don't have any leaks - anywhere.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-3
    Quote Originally Posted by MI-Roger View Post
    I have eliminated this problem by replacing the turbo by-pass valve, but it sounds as if you already did this twice. There is a triangular shaped controller with three hoses pinned to the top of the turbo inlet pipe, for which I forget its correct name, that is part of the system. There is also a pressure sensor on the inlet pipe going from the intercooler to the throttle body.

I am not advocating just throwing parts at the problem, but rather there are a couple more potential culprits that need to be looked at.

Boost control valve $43

Intake pressure sensor $75

Thanks for the advice. Will take a look!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-3
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsside42 View Post
    Replace all dry rotted vacuum hoses - and ensure they are all connected properly and are the right size and quality. Also be sure you don't have any leaks - anywhere.
    Thanks. I have changed the hoses and all seem to be routed correctly.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 9-5 Aero, 2002 9-5 wagon, 2007 9-3 Aero, '93 9000 CSE, 7 vintage Saabs
    Check the diaphragm of the new valve. I've had suppliers send inferior valves and diaphragms break quickly...probably chinese bosch ripoffs.

Mark

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-3
    Quote Originally Posted by markg9 View Post
    Check the diaphragm of the new valve. I've had suppliers send inferior valves and diaphragms break quickly...probably chinese bosch ripoffs.

Mark
    Thanks, checked the diaphrams on both valves as I had bought a new one previously, then installed a second one only to get the same p1110 charge air valve performance problems CEL

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 9-5 Aero, 2002 9-5 wagon, 2007 9-3 Aero, '93 9000 CSE, 7 vintage Saabs
    will they hold vacuum?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-3
    How do you check that?

Roger Cook
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2008 9-5 Aero, 2006 9-3SC 2.0T, 2000 Viggen 'vert, SAAB Quantum, 2000 9-5 retired at 318K miles
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmelo View Post
    How do you check that?
    I use a Mity-Vac to pull a vacuum on the valve to stroke it and see if it holds. You might be able to borrow one from an Auto Parts store. Or take the valve to the parts counter and use a Mity-Vac there.