Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2002 9-5 Wagon

Disconnected Vacuum Tube

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me out here with something that has been sort of illusive to me all week. I've searched the internet, this forum, bought the haynes manual for my 2002 9-5 Linear. My car stalled the other day -and this may or may not be the reason why it won't start up - but it is bugging me like crazy.

There is a tube that attaches to the throttle body - and one end was disconnected. I do not know if this is intentional... though I would think not. Or if it got disconnected somehow and is now causing my issue. The image I've attached shows the hose, at the end that is connected on my car. However I cannot find any pictures of the other end of this hose. (The one with the arrow pointing to the valve.

If anyone knows where this goes, or could take a picture of the other end. It would greatly be appreciated. As I a loss as to where else to look - other then maybe find someone with a Saab, which around these parts would be difficult. To show me under their hood.

Thank you in advance,
    Sampysamp

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    This is picture of the 2.3T engine in my 2005 Aero. The throttle body is not exactly the same but perhaps it's help. It is a short hose and the arrows point to each end.

Name:  hose.jpg
Views: 1413
Size:  60.5 KB

Saab(s)
    2002 9-5 Wagon
    Thanks! I found it. I guess I didn't see it because of the shadow from the black box thing above it. Excellent. One mystery solved.

Again - Thanks,

Sampysamp.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    my05 95 aero
    Quote Originally Posted by sampysamp View Post
    Thanks! I found it. I guess I didn't see it because of the shadow from the black box thing above it. Excellent. One mystery solved.

Again - Thanks,

Sampysamp.
    hi all i have this problem, found a vac line disconnected (the one marked in franks pic)trouble is i cant see were the fire wall end attaches(is there supposed to be a nipple on that solenoid i am missing, mine is a 05 aero, so should be like franks also can someone tell me what its for i have the bottle blowing sound when i accelerate .car runs smooth but i may be low on boost?
    thank you in advance.
    just to add is that top big pipe supposed to have no hose coming out of that connection mine is the same thanx again.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    my05 95 aero
    ok found the plastic nipple inside the hose my bad luck i guess .

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    I glued a plastic check valve back together with epoxy. It's a temporary fix until I get a new one. But it has been working fine for 3 mo now. (I just have to remember to order one next parts order.)
    Just don't get glue inside of it. (That's why it's built up around it. The glue is more structure than glue.)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    my05 95 aero
    thank you for your reply that part is not what i was posting about but funny enough its also broken,the Turbo Bypass Control Valve"is what its called(part on firewall) i didnt dig deep enough for info apparently you can by pass it completely but im trying to glue the plastic nipple back on first .
    ps when you order that part would you be able to put up the id number i guess i will be needing one thank you.
    Last edited by 5thduke; 20 October 2013 at 00:30.