Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    08 Vert Aero T2

Interior water leak, all drains clear, I think.

Project car sitting in my yard, bought it with a wet Twice, no start.
    Replaced Twice, programmed,started, all is good, except water collects in the drivers foot well with the car parked.
    I believe that I have cleared the sunroof drains, removed the cowl and cleared the center drain, and removed the pine needle collection from both ends. poured water and it flows out the bottom.
    I blew out the AC drains and removed the interior filter, all dry.

I suspect the water seeps in when snow that has piled up starts to melt which leads me back to the sunroof, headliner is dry.
    Do I need to remove the fenders or liners to clear the lower front fender area?
    Any suggestions appreciated.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Using shop air blow the drains clear - both under the car and from the sun roof. Be sure to get the A/C drain - this sounds like your source.

Also make sure your door has the water barrier fitted securely beneath the door panel.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    08 Vert Aero T2
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsside42 View Post
    Using shop air blow the drains clear - both under the car and from the sun roof. Be sure to get the A/C drain - this sounds like your source.

Also make sure your door has the water barrier fitted securely beneath the door panel.
    I did all that, water shield is in place in the door, when I pour water in the sunroof drains it comes out the bottom.
    Car is sitting with no AC being used, water is still entering into drivers foot well.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 ARC 2.3T wagon
    Any pix avail of the location of the sunroofdrains ?

Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi
    Quote Originally Posted by gbest View Post
    I did all that, water shield is in place in the door, when I pour water in the sunroof drains it comes out the bottom.
    Car is sitting with no AC being used, water is still entering into drivers foot well.
    All 4 locations under car for sunroof? Each corner has it's own outlet. Also pull out your pollen filter and clean that area out.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Aero 95 2001 wagon/estate
    Where are the sunroof front drains outlets under the car (Saab 95 2001 wagon). I took one off the front wheels off and tried to pull back the sheild but still couldnt find it? I can see water coming out the back drains behind each wheel but no water for front drains when I tested the sunroof drains.

Saab(s)
    The front outlets you cant see. They exit down into the rocker panel and drip out there. If you dont see water there then with compressed air or some thick wire clear them out. Dont use coathanger else you might pull the hose off its coupling where the sunroof connects to the hose. You might try some very thick week whacker string.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Thanks for the info Mike it makes sense. I have done what you suggested and the passenger side drains to the rocker panel and empties when I put some water in the sunroof, but the driver side (my car right hand drive) is not as good. I poked some wire in the drivers side and it stops (I think its still a bit blocked at the bottom as a fair bit of wire goes in).
    should I take off rocker panel to have a look? It only floods inside when it rains really heavy parked a certain way, and I think it will be a lot better as 3 of the 4 drains drain well. cheers clayton

Saab(s)
    I dont believe you can remove the panels to get to it. It is above the welded seam. Stick a turkey baster in that hole and squeeze the water into the hole. You can reach the front drains this way. If no water comes out then you are sure it is blocked. Then try compressed air. Try your stiff wire with the water in the drain. If nothing works then you will have to likely do some disassembling. Is there a former Saab shop where you live? That might be your best bet.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    I'l will try again tonight