Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-3 Arc

Exclamation Saab Information Display Issue

I wanted to know if anyone had and/or solved this issue im having with my SID.

When sitting in the drivers seat i can see that the SID is very dimly lit, which could mean that its getting power so the fuse could very well not be blown.

I have the new style 2003 93 with the SID mounted on top of the dash. My radio and horn, and everything else works fine, so idk whats going on.

i get no sort of notifications from the SID, no time, no warnings, no anything, just a blank screen....

So has anyone experienced a fix for this problem? The SID seams too important for me to not try and fix it, and i also have an amber "i" on my dashboard that i have no clue whats wrong with the vehicle.

Attached is the style of SID that i have in my 93...

Thank you guys for your help in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-3 Arc
    Here is a pic of how it looks in the car...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    The SID communicates with the Infotainment Control Module (ICM), thus receiving information on a wired cable from there. Power is fed separately from the dashboard fuse box. So the cause of the missing text could be the SID, ICM or the cable (loose connection). Here (again) is pinpointing the cause difficult with no Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTs) given.

Two banal actions you could do, as faultfinding steps "at hand", is to operate the Night Panel button (ignition on) a few times, and as well adjust the dash brightness control up and down and watch for any changes in the SID.

Given the "amber "i" on my dashboard" actually is an exclamation mark, I assume it's a notification of a warning message, which very well could be related to the fault causing the blank display (check your manual - I don't have mine at hand).

According to the manual is the amber "i" a display /notification for information shown on SID - so a Catch 22 for the time being
    Last edited by 9-3 Aero; 24 January 2014 at 22:46. Reason: The amber "i"

Saab(s)
    saab 9-3 2003 Linear
    About a week ago I noticed the same thing on my car also 2003 saab 9-3. I'm interested in finding out if you were able to fix or diagnose this problem. I noticed mine after coming back from some muffler repair work. I'm sure it's a coincidence but it's the only major thing I can think of that happened prior to me noticing the problem.