Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    M Guy Ross
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    SAAB 9-5 SE

Question Mirrors: ExternalI

I need help in identifying my driver's side mirror. I have a 2001 9-5 SE. I know my mirror is motorized and heated. When I go online for parts, I find 'w/memory' and 'without memory'. Any help in identifying the correct mirror would be very helpful. Any info as to sources for a replacement (silver) mirror would also be appreciated.

Thanks
    MGuyRoss
    Guy_Ross@hotmail.com

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Are you in need of an entire mirror or just parts for? I have some of both from some 2001 wagon's we had which got junked. I can help! Just let me know what you are seeking to replace specifically. And YES - mine are SILVER.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

M Guy Ross
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    SAAB 9-5 SE

LH MIRROR

Quote Originally Posted by Burnsside42 View Post
    Are you in need of an entire mirror or just parts for? I have some of both from some 2001 wagon's we had which got junked. I can help! Just let me know what you are seeking to replace specifically. And YES - mine are SILVER.
    I need the entire assembly. But first, I need to determine whether my mirror. a power mirror, heated, is with or without memory. And, whether or not yours is the same. If you have any idea how to determine this, or where the memory button would be located on a Saab 9-5 SE would be if it was equipped with a mirror with memory (so I can see if I have such a button), please let me know. I have noticed that on the mirror controller there is a small button that doesn't seem to do anything. Tomorrow, in daylight, I will try setting the RH mirror and then set this button; I will then change the mirror setting and then re-hit the button again. I am under the impression that if it is a memory button, it will reset the mirror to the original setting. As soon as I do this I will let you know the result.

Thanks

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    The memory setting for the mirrors are controlled by the seat memory. The small button on the mirror controller is for angling down the passenger mirror when reversing.

From the owners manual:

Programmable driver’s seat (certain models only)

In certain models the driver's seat is equipped with a programmable memory function. This function also includes the door mirrors.

To recall the programmed settings, press the appropriate preset button, where upon the seat and mirrors will be adjusted automatically.

Adjust the seat and door mirrors.

To change the settings stored in a preset button, adjust the seat and mirrors as before and save the new settings by pressing M and the appropriate preset button.

To save the settings, press and hold the M button and, at the same time, press one of the preselect buttons (1, 2 or 3). The SID will chime to confirm that the settings have been saved.

Door mirrors

Cars equipped with a programmable driver’s seat also have a facility for angling the passenger’s mirror down on reversing,e.g. for a better view of the curb.

The auto dimming function can be turned OFF with the switch on the lower edge of the rear-view mirror.

After selecting reverse, press the tiny button adjacent to the door-mirror switch to tilt the mirror. The mirror will be reset automatically when reverse gear is deselected.

M Guy Ross
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    SAAB 9-5 SE
    Thanks so much for your reply. Am I correct, therefore, in assuming that if my 9-5SE has programmable seats and a small button on the external mirrors control, that I have and need mirrors w/memory. I ask, instead of going to my car and trying the instructions you sent, only because we have had 8-10"s of snow this morning and I left my car down at the entrance to our driveway (about half a football field's distance and a steep winding driveway).
    I can not express how much I appreciate this site.
    Thanks
    MGuy

M Guy Ross
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    SAAB 9-5 SE
    So I am assuming that I require a full assembly (silver) of a Driver's Side Mirror w/memory. (I have asked him if my having programmable seats and a small button on the mirror control means mirrors w/memory). If the Driver Side mirror assembly you have is w/memory, I will most likely be wanting it. Let us assume this for now, and please send me the info on what you have and what you want for it. For shipping purposes my zip is 81432 (Western Slope of CO). No rush on shipping method; ground will work fine.
    Looking forward to your reply
    Thanks
    MGuy

Saab(s)
    Currently 2008 Lynx Yellow 'Vert w/ 6 speed manual. Previously 9-3 'verts, 9-5 Aero, 900's, 9000CDE
    Jeffrey,

2008 9-3 Convertible. After replacing battery, side mirrors control doesn't function correctly, even sometimes operating the opposite mirror of what you have the button set to. Not thinking, I bought new switch and mirror motors, only to have the same problem. Then I remembered something I once saw on one of the boards saying after a power interruption you have to reset the mirrors similar to how you have to reset the windows. Can you offer any advice? Thanks!