Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    06' 9-5 Sportcombi, 06' Sport Sedan

06' Outside temp acting weird!!

I haven't look under my car yet to find my outside temp sensor but wondering if anyone here has had this issue.

The other day the whole front of my car had ice packed on it from driving during a recent snow storm, well I felt some cold air blowing and it ended up my a/c was on because my outside temp reading was slowly going up on SID. It went all the way up to 122 degrees. So I manually used my heater.

But just yesterday my front end started to defrost some and I was hoping the temp would go down. Instead it now just displays ---- on SID. I have since use the calibration technique in the owners manual and I have unhooked my battery to see if it would reset it. No luck.

Any idea's?

Thanks ahead of time, Terry.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    It is most likely a wiring problem when it shows ---- but could also be defective sensor.

More information here: http://saabworld.net/f9/outside-temp...ect-sid-28225/

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    It is most likely a wiring problem when it shows ---- but could also be defective sensor.

More information here: http://saabworld.net/f9/outside-temp...ect-sid-28225/
    Thanks Frank, guess I should have looked better before posting. Now time to find a dry spot on the driveway to look at it. We are suppose to get 7 degree weather tomorrow so I might have to hold off. Who knows.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Okay a little update, it is working now after installing a new sensor but I had to unplug the battery 2 times before it actually reset the reading on the dash.

Also on the later model 9-5 you do NOT have to remove the splash cover to get to it, it is to the right of it. The sensor is actually on the passenger side of the car and to the right of the fog light if you are facing the front of your car.

Thanks again for the feedback.