Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X

Memorabilia, collectables, promotional and other cool Saab stuff

I collected a few things over the years and I ma sure many others here have a few cool Saab things as well. Let's share!

Make this your one for the road

I bought one of these mugs a few years ago but it was chipped and a bit dirty. I found this one on eBay recently and has the original box, shipping box, coffee, creamer, sugar and a card signed by Robert Sinclair. Mug was made in England.

Name:  Saab mug - Robert Sinclair 1.JPG
Views: 1925
Size:  52.9 KB

Name:  Saab mug - Robert Sinclair 2.JPG
Views: 1870
Size:  43.0 KB

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    I was sitting here drinking from the same cup "One for the road", when you posted this. I finally started using it 10 years ago and it has held up well unlike my Piper and Cessna cups that the dishwasher faded the logos down to nothing. I have to say this, but the cup held up far better than the 1989 900 it came with.

I also had a complimentary plastic 900 convertible and a few of the The Saab Scania Story books and a few of the Scania key chains are floating around. Sadly, the model disappeard from my office one night when we were having problems with the cleaning crew.

I bought an "old school" radiator T shirt and XWD ball cap on one of my last trips to the dealer.

When we bought the 2009 car they did not have a thing to give away or even purchase, I don't think there is a Saab factory line of goodies anymore.
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    I have a hat and a shirt from the Aero Academy.

Bullseye on TSL sent me a very nice wood and metal Saab pen. I'll get a picture of it real quick and post it up.

And of course, the highly coveted Key Fob from Just Saabs weekly "Key Fob Friday" contest.

Last edited by Hirsch; 06 October 2011 at 17:04.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnanxwd View Post

When we bought the 2009 car they did not have a thing to give away or even purchase, I don't think there is a Saab factory line of goodies anymore.
    Wow, thats lame!

I got a nice leather and stainless steel key fob from Just Saab. The only thing I got from the delivering Saab dealer in Copenhagen was a full tank of gas!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I have seen these Saab Zippo lighters before and there currently is one on eBay. Old Zippo's are quite collectable so I am curious to see how much this one will sell for.

Name:  Saab Zippo 1.jpg
Views: 2221
Size:  24.0 KBName:  Saab Zippo 2.jpg
Views: 2192
Size:  29.4 KB

Zack
    SAAB SAAB SAAB BLABLABLA Brewmaster's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    1987 900 SPG (totaled), 1987 900 T16 (new SPG)
    I would do things for someone if they got me that Zippo.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    I'll place a bid for $150... and by "doing things," I'd like you to give me 75 two dollar bills.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Jared
    Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-5 ARC ( and care-taker of a '98 900SE)
    I don't drive fast...I fly slow

Saab(s)
    2002 9 5 Aero
    Dársena motor, the SAAB dealer in Coruña, presented the attendants an original (and quite healthy) gift at the 9 5 presentation. It´s pure olive oil

Name:  IMAG0010.jpg
Views: 1675
Size:  16.8 KB

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    Warning, NOT SAAB related so cover your ears if you don't want to see this.

Perhaps one of the Euro cousins can clue me in on what this really means. It is probably the coolest promotional piece I have of auto stuff.

I have a (now very beat up since I used it for years), key chain that was given to execs of a supply company to VW. It is one ounce (unze) of "finesilber 999" and had something to do with metals in the catalytic process. Silver, because the were not going to give out platinum.

One side shows a relief of a 1952 Volkswagen "Kafer" and that is all it says is "VW Kafer 1952"

Aside from this being the last year of the small split window Beetle, I have no idea of what they were commerating. I think it was handed out in perhaps 1982. They were whooping something up to merit giving out an ounce of silver to the execs? I did a test on it once with an XRD (metals version) ... X ray analyzer and it was .99% pure so it is the real deal.

Any ideas on why or what the big deal was? I had a 1956 small window bug that was quite an experience. It was on an island in mid Pacific and you could not get parts so it was being driven without wipers ... the wipers were a cord through the vent windows and whoever was shotgun would pull back and forth to see. Tires were bald and the roads were of coral that dusted and made them like ice in the first few minutes of rain. Fuel tank was rusty at the top and had a crude patch and would seep if filled too high. The clutch cable went so I took aircraft cable and tied it to the clutch pedal and ran it under the drivers seat and through a hole in the rear (fire wall area) .... my God, did I really live through this madness? The good news was I got dang good at shifting without the clutch.

On the pay of an E-3 back then, $62 a month did not leave much for beer.

The other neat odd piece I have is the hood ornament from a 1939 Pontiac. It is the pewter hair and copper cast face of Chief Pontiac and is pretty handsome .. except for the broken feathers, but the small thing weighs a ton and the cast face in copper is really more art than anything we see today.
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum