Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Oh ok, thank you! I will check that also. I don't think I've noticed a discrepancy between the reading on the guage and the amount that might be in the tank but I will try that and check how much the tank is taking in when I fill up from "empty".

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    Quote Originally Posted by saaby2014 View Post
    Ahh I haven't thought about the actual tank float, how do I know if it's something physical like that or if it might be a sensor?
    The tank float is actually the sensor, generating variable resistance value equivalent to the fuel level in the tank. This analog value is converted to a digital bus message by the Engine Control Module and transmitted to the Main Instrument Module (MIU) on buses. This message is by processing routines in the MIU, feeding the fuel gauge, triggering the Fuel Reserve Indicator Lamp and is tranmitted on the bus to the SID for the "Refill fuel soon" warning alert message.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Why are you letting your car get so low to get that message on a regular basis? Hope you like buying fuel pumps.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

I don't always let it get that low on a regular basis, but sometimes I'm so busy that it does get empty.