Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-3 linear

drive to park and almost stall.

Hi my 2001 saab 9-5 2.3t wouldn't start after shop had replaced my headgasket on a new used engine for me. car wouldn't start for me but for some reason would work fine for shop then I took it home again running, next day I go out and car wont start so I pulled codes one was for crank position sensor. changed That and now it starts first try every day so far. The rpms are at like 800-900 idle and is pretty rough for idle. one of the other codes was for a misfire in cylinder 3 and the last one idk what it was but ill post codes for all of them when I find them. But to the real problem on hand is when I stop and put my car into park the rpms go way up then drop really low and my car acts like its going to stall and I think the oil light comes on sometimes. I checked oil its fine. For those codes they are p0337,p1312,p1334. There is also what seems like a thumping sound that I don't really know how to explain coming from motor. Any and all help will be much appreciated.

Saab Enthusiast CaptainMediocre's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2007 Saab 95 2.3T Sedan
    In my experience the codes for misfires were corrected by a new direct ignition cassette and new oem spark plugs. Only use the OEM NGK plugs, don't even think about using anything else.

55559955 Genuine SAAB - Direct Ignition Cassette (Black) - Free Shipping
    30520467 Aftermarket - Spark Plug (OEM) - NGK BCPR6es11 - Free Shipping

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-3 linear
    okay so my cars rpms drop from around 800 to 337 from what my scan tool tells me and this only happens when I put my car into park im not sure if it is because of a vacuum leak or what. would a vacuum leak cause this to happen? please help I did order some vacuum line to replace the old stuff something like 10 ft is all the vacuum line system the same size line?

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-3 linear
    Okay so I have been trying to put it off but its now starting to get on my nerves. Oil consumption is pretty high I don't see any leaks on my driveway so I assume its just burning up. The other day when I came to a stop sign my car put out a big cloud of smoke and smells like burning oil. I still get the p1334 code (Combustion Detection Cyl. 3+4. Open Circuit / Short to B+.), and p1312 (o2s switch point rich senson 1). I know those two lead to DIC but I also have a knock on acceleration and wanted to know if those misfires or whatever in cylinder 3+4 would cause a knock on acceleration... The knock cant be heard in idle or it is just so silent I cant hear it or when coasting. Only time it happens is on Acceleration that I can hear.