Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Refill fuel soon"

Hi, I have a 2007 SAAB 9-3,and my "Refill fuel soon" warning alert stopped alerting me on my dash. Also my low tire pressure warning alert has stopped showing up. I'm wondering if there's a fuse I need to replace? A battery I need to replace?

Thanks for your help :-)

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    At the moment do I see neither one fuse in common which could be the cause, nor a battery.

For my clarification: Is both the "Refill fuel soon" warning symbol -, the associated text messsage in the SID gone - and the fuel (level) gauge is working as expected? If so, then the culprit is most likely buried in processing routines in the Main Instrument Unit (MIU).

When you turn the ignition switch to ON, does the "Refill fuel soon" symbol light during the lamp test period?

The Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) is as well processed by the MIU, and has its own fault monitoring system, raising a text message if one of four deviations in the TPMS is detected. However, when none of the four wheel sensors are installed (or U/S), no message will be displayed. A shot in the dark: Winter tires without sensors aren't just by a coincidence installed (not knowing your location)

Did the two missing alerts araise simultaneously?

Thank you for your response!
    Yes I noticed that neither were showing up about the same time. When I start the car it does show the gas symbol in the initial check, but the warning does not come on in the text area anymore. I used to hear a ding then see "refill fuel soon" on the dash but not anymore. Also the low tire pressure symbol doesn't show up anymore, I actually had a slow leak in one tire because of a huge screw and they're was no warning symbol, which I've seen before. My mechanic said someone might have not replaced my "pressure caps".

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    If one sensor is missing, the TPMS control module (should) transmit a system fault message, which is read by MIU/SID and shown on the display. The control module has a separate fuse #23 in the rear compartment (trunk) fuse box, for the MY2008 at least.

It may not hurt resetting the SID by depressing the CLR-button for approx. 3 sec. until the ding - just to see if anything happens with the two missing alerts -?

I will definitely try that today! Then I'll liik at the fuses to see if there's a bad one, thank you so much!

Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium, 2010 9-5 Aero, 2008 TurboX SC
    I've had the "float" in the tank malfunction before, so I would never get to where the car would give me the "Refuel Soon" message ... I'd just run out of gas.

When you fill up, are you putting in pretty much what you expect to?

I have nothing to add on the tires ... sorry.

Ahh I haven't thought about the actual tank float, how do I know if it's something physical like that or if it might be a sensor?

Oh, and yes it takes about $60 for each fill up

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Check out this thread: http://saabworld.net/f9/gas-gauge-issues-28652/

It's for the 9-5 but perhaps they have the same related parts for the float.

Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium, 2010 9-5 Aero, 2008 TurboX SC
    Quote Originally Posted by saaby2014 View Post
    Ahh I haven't thought about the actual tank float, how do I know if it's something physical like that or if it might be a sensor?
    I think the only way to tell is to know how many gallons your tank holds, and when you are on/near empty, fill it up. If the amount of gas you put in is within a couple of gallons of your tank capacity (assuming you are on Empty), it's not the float.

When my float went bad (and it was on a 9-5), it looked like I had just over a quarter of a tank left.