Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    same as above.
    Saab(s)
    Previous: 2003 9-5 Linear 2.3t | Want: Saab 9-3 Wagon

Rebuild or buy used transmission

So my car is now at 162,383 and has an internal fault in the tranny. What would you all recommend, getting it rebuilt or buying a used one with lower milage? If buyijg used, where should I look?
    Thanks.

Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi
    If you are sure it not the module you need to call Gold Wind and get a price. The price a rebuild job. Rebuild are iffy as transmissions are very complicated and man it is hard to find someone who can do it right. PM Burnside see what he thinks. It is very knowledge about this kind of stuff.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    I would call other places aside from Goldwing - plenty of yards which have Saab parts pre-pulled for less money. But yes - there is NOTHING wrong with a used trans - given it's not high mileage and the seller isn't sending you a dirty ball of grease with black fluid. I would do as Mike said - price out your options and weight the benefits of each. Who has the best warranty - does it cover the part or parts and labor. Sometimes a rebuild shop will pull yours - replaced what is bad and give it a 1-3 year warranty on parts and labor. That would be BEST if the shop is reputable and knows how to rebuild a Saab trans
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com