Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

2002 saab 9-3 2.0

Was wondering if anyone could help me understand what I need to check for the vacuum?? Took my car to oreillys and had them hook up the tester when the check engine light came on, I don't know the error code but there was a list of things vacuum related. The problem I am having is when I was going about 70mph the car bogged down , I eased off it and hit the gas again as it bogged down again, eventually it was able to run normal. The next day however it was worse and wouldn't have any power after going around the same speed, and eventually just die. It would however start back up no problem. And it seems to drive fine after it sits a while, only to repeat the same thing, also whenever I would start it, and go in reverse or forward it would bog a little, after it sit a while

Dave
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2001 93 2.0Ltr HOT Aero coupe & 2011 1.9TTiD Aero saloon
    Greetings
    It could be something as simple as a perished rubber pipe, the vacuum pipes are air, fuel, turbo and throttle related slim rubber pipes. leaks on any of these will effect the engines performance. So a starting point could be to check the condition of all the hoses around the engine area. Looking for cracks, splits , loose fitting or rubbed against by other parts nearby to make a hole,

Good luck

Have fun

Dave