Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    '11 9-4X Aero, '07 9-3 Aero Conv, had 9-3 Conv (99) 9000 (86)

Unhappy front bumper pops out by head light from side panel

[FONT=verdana]does anyone know if 9-4x Aero has a common problem with bumper connecting to side panel, I drove with speed of 120 m/hr few weeks ago and noticed my front bumper connecting to drivers side front panel came out of it's joints, I pushed it back in but it keeps on popping out now.. any thoughts?.. I've seen it on the other Saab 9-4x parked once, but that one had it on passenger side.[/FONT]

Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium, 2010 9-5 Aero, 2008 TurboX SC
    Quote Originally Posted by TapacUA View Post
    [FONT=verdana]does anyone know if 9-4x Aero has a common problem with bumper connecting to side panel, I drove with speed of 120 m/hr few weeks ago and noticed my front bumper connecting to drivers side front panel came out of it's joints, I pushed it back in but it keeps on popping out now.. any thoughts?.. I've seen it on the other Saab 9-4x parked once, but that one had it on passenger side.[/FONT]
    Mine pops out only slightly at top corner on driver's side. And only such that it isn't flush. I just pop it back in place. Sounds like yours is way worse. Should be fixable though.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brownieone View Post
    Mine pops out only slightly at top corner on driver's side. And only such that it isn't flush. I just pop it back in place. Sounds like yours is way worse. Should be fixable though.

Mine is exaclty the same, it only popped out after I drove fast, and ever since top corner sticks out a little, so I push it back in once in a while.. I'll go to the dealer next oil change and will find out more about it and how it can be fixed permanently.. but overall great car))))

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x, 2008 9-3 Aero, had 2005 9-3 Arc, '93 9000CSE, '86 9000Turbo
    same with mine.. Been doing this for a while now No one notices it but me.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-5 & 2011 9-4x
    I have the same issue and noticed when I removed the front bumper (fix the air conditioner accumulator) the bracket that holds the bumper appeared to be (2) right/passenger sides. Not a 'Left' & 'Right'. They maybe universal but my neighbor who is a mechanic thought it look wrong. Both sides are always popping out. I now wish I took a pic while the bumper was off.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmerkle View Post
    I have the same issue and noticed when I removed the front bumper (fix the air conditioner accumulator) the bracket that holds the bumper appeared to be (2) right/passenger sides. Not a 'Left' & 'Right'. They maybe universal but my neighbor who is a mechanic thought it look wrong. Both sides are always popping out. I now wish I took a pic while the bumper was off.
    That's weird.. but once you put bumper back on it holds fine now? Once I go for oil change to the Saab dealer I'll ask them if its a known issue.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-5 & 2011 9-4x
    No, both sides still pop out... not as bad on the passenger side (the drivers side is the worst and appeared to have the wrong bracket to hold the bumper tight).

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    I got the same thing, drivers side keeps on popping out.. I'll find out from the dealer if there's any permanent fix.

Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium, 2010 9-5 Aero, 2008 TurboX SC
    Quote Originally Posted by TapacUA View Post
    I got the same thing, drivers side keeps on popping out.. I'll find out from the dealer if there's any permanent fix.
    Let us know what they tell you please. I have same issue on driver's side only. Thanks.