Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mathieu Verberne
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5
    With an a ecu with biopower software you can put E85-fuel in your tank. On E85 (ethanol) you have more torque and power. E85 needs less oxigene to ignite, but needs a little bit more fuel to ignite. But because E85 is cheaper per quantity it's cheaper to run on also (two benefits). When tuning your car, the injectors are the restricitve factor of your engine.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 saab 93
    Well, I just learned something lol. I did a search to see where I can get E85 in my area and there aren't any places in my area that sell it. They should because it just makes sense and then I would get that programmed if they did. Or would it be able to run off E85 and gasoline? If so, then that would be great.

Mathieu Verberne
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5
    It can run both gasoline and E85. Your Lambda sensor will notice the amount of E85 in your petroltank by analizing the gasses in the exhaust. The ECU will use that information to recalculate the requested air and petrol injection (and some more stuff, but this is the simple explanation). Because of that you can have every mixture of E85 and gasoline in your car.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 saab 93
    Awesome! I'd go ahead and throw that on there then. I feel every car should have this option lol.

Mathieu Verberne
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5
    Ok, I'm sorry to dissappoiunt you, I talked about this with a friend of mine, but going biopowered is not as simple is for the T7 (no hardware is required per se). For T8 you need more than €1000,- of other new hardware. A stage 1 can be done (for you need to rewrite the ECU anyways, why not a stage 1....).

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 saab 93
    Well, that is fine. Although it would be nice, I don't really need the E85 option. Stage 1 would be perfect. How much would all this cost me in total?

Mathieu Verberne
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5
    I've sent you a pm