Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2001 Saab 9-5

Unhappy Systems All Failed at the Same Time

I have a 2001 Saab 95 SW, when I tried to start the vehicle I get the error "KEY NOT ACCEPTED". Along with the error, the following systems appear to be non-functional: [FONT=verdana] 1) central locks do not work on center post or by door lock. 2) key not being recognized by antenna (new antenna installed) 3) red LED on top of dash not blinking 4) both key FOBs with new batteries do nothing. The question is what would be the common point of failure for all these systems? (they all stopped working at the same time) could it be a bad ground? Fuses are all good. I thought it might be the battery in the alarm siren, but when I opened the left fender, the siren was missing. The previous owner must have removed it. If I replace the siren, could that get the car started? I tried pushing the trunk button, the lock and unlock on the FOB, before and during trying to start. I removed the drivers seat, and cleaned the contacts on the TWICE unit, and opened it to see if there was any moisture. It was dry, and looked as it never got any moisture in it. Any help that would tell me why all the systems failed at the same time would be appreciated. thank you [/FONT]Name:  aaSAAB.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  37.5 KB

Kenny
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2005 SAAB 9-5 Aero MT
    probably need to remarry the TWICE to the Key - - it happened to me on a 2001 Saab 9-5 SE "very random" -

Did you recently buy the car ?

Did this just start happening?

A bit more information will help me determine the problem a bit more accurate
    SAAB
    Keep Calm my friends
    and Apply BOOST

Saab(s)
    2001 Saab 9-5
    I have had the Saab for 1.5 years, never had any problems. I parked the car at my house, next day I got the error, and it has not started since. It does not give me any additional errors. I unplugged the key antenna, and tried to start, I get the same error. If there was power going to the key antenna, I should have got another error when it was removed. I did a disconnect from the battery, to try to re-boot the whole thing. Is there a plug that controls the key antenna, FOB antenna, central lock, and the red flashing LED on top of the dash?

Kenny
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2005 SAAB 9-5 Aero MT
    I am now thinking I am pretty sure your immobilizer malfunctioned -

under the driver seat -

Must bye a Transponder and matching ALARM computer - and install it -

Then you must contact someone with a LAUNCH diag tool or Tech 2 to marry the new TWICE and ECM and then the key transponder. -
    SAAB
    Keep Calm my friends
    and Apply BOOST

Saab(s)
    2001 Saab 9-5
    One Simply ex-Saab mechanic, said it would cost me $2000 to fix, including $1000 for a virgin Twice unit. I found and had my Saab towed 65 miles to another ex-Saab mechanic, he did test and find the Twice unit was bad, he installed a used good twice, a ignition cylinder lock, and a new shift linkage cable, that I broke when I was trying to un-jam the ignition cylinder, then reprogrammed the Twice. The price out the door with tax and parts was $1050, and the car runs perfect now.