Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Alex Andrews (Lex)
    Saab(s)
    ‘02 9-5 Aero, ‘16 Skoda Superb SE-L Exec.
    Should I bring all the 9-5 photo's over and post??????

Biggy Question:
    New Car, back to a 9-5, or go for a S60. I'm going back to Luxury. Sod the fuel costs (ish)....
    More things change. The more they stay the same.

Saab(s)
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetman View Post
    Actually, although I've asked to be removed as a mod, I still have function and could really wreak havoc!
    It took weeks to have my request to stand down honored!

I PM'd the new admin and asked for everyone of my 22,198 posts to be removed, they said:

"sorry but we will not be doing that"................ so I simply wont add any more that are constructive...........
    ...................and breathe!

Steve
    Saab(s)
    '02 9-5 Aero, '89 900S
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Andrews View Post
    Should I bring all the 9-5 photo's over and post??????

Biggy Question:
    New Car, back to a 9-5, or go for a S60. I'm going back to Luxury. Sod the fuel costs (ish)....
    Get a newer 9-5! If I remember correctly, I think it was turkish_aerolines that sold his 9-5 for an S60 and promptly switched back.

EDIT: and yes to your first question, show off that ride.
    Last edited by mt.aero; 09 March 2011 at 22:39.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by jlrdrony View Post
    Good point. For all our new members who just joined the site, please check out this thread with more information. SaabWorld is not just a forum and has many other features. The front page has taken off in the last few months as well. It's basically the same idea as other Saab blogs/news sites but anyone can contribute and is a different format.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T SportCombi "Mattie"; On SAABatical: 1993 9000 CSE 2.3T "Matilda"
    So this is where all the whiners from SC went !

Hey just joking guys

I've been in and out (more frequently out) of SW these past months. My life was rather stressful (mostly work-related) and I found I can only handle mostly being in one Saab forum and not divide my attention between SC, SW and other food forums I'm on. And just so some of you guys know, I resigned from the moderator role here at SW because I felt I was unfairly hogging that role but being away a lot. Frank was prolly happy that I relinquish that privilege.

FWIW, I'll remain at SC and help the new admin and members out as much as I can. But I'll also check in here more, as I see many old faces from SC.

My stressful life came to a sudden halt mid-February when I, amongst a few other colleagues, were let go by my ex-employer. The good irony is that I was already about to leave within a few weeks anyway, so that event actually happened for the best, esp. when I got a package as a result. Until I start my new role at the new company I'm going to, I've got LOTS of free time (well, before the missus gives me the "honey-do lists"). And even after I start my new job, I'll be home-based and working mostly from home. So again, more overall SC and SW time :-)

Let the SC thing shake out for a bit yet. I think in the end it'll be better than the old recent SC. Keep a positive and optimistic mindset, folks.
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"
    SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA (SCWC)

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    You do traffic control stuff right? Come to Buffalo, they could use your help! They seem to think having lights turn red even though no one is going the other direction is good when it's a main street. Or that all lights should automatically have the green turn arrow right away even at 2am and no one wanted to turn!
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T SportCombi "Mattie"; On SAABatical: 1993 9000 CSE 2.3T "Matilda"
    It was transportation planning, Shazam. Thanks for the invite. Frankly Buffalo is too freaking cold for me But we do have friends in Syracuse, so one day we may visit.
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"
    SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA (SCWC)

Frank
    Saab(s)
    <moved from New Members thread>

Quote Originally Posted by SaabKen View Post
    With the new SC corporate owner VS, it's just a matter of scale. If anything, I suspect they will lend SC more support in terms of resources than the old SC admin did.
    I honestly don't understand why you want to be a moderator at a site who's owner simply bought it for making a profit. They are making money and have you, the other mods and members do most of the work? Would you be a greeter or stock person at Walmart without compensation just because you want to help the community and because the place is so nice?

Did you read all of this thread? It is all about market domination for these guys and buying up forums left and right. They truly are the Walmart of internet forums as Toyota is for the car business, Microsoft for the computer business and GM for Saab. Yes, they have a large following and many people are perfectly happy with that. But their products are bland and for the masses. Even if a forum slowly dies, they probably already made their money and turned a profit because of search engine referrals. If you have 100s of forums, who cares when you screw over a few and loose some. It's all part of doing business.

And no, it is not just a matter of scale why many are leaving SC. It's how Paul screwed the community by ignoring help and selling to the first company that throws money at him. As he is still an Admin and active on SC, VS retained him and made it part of the contract so he would be on board to make sure the takeover would go as smooth as possible. I don't know why anyone on SC still talks to that guy. Or did he share the profits from the sale with the moderators? How many active moderators are still left on SC?

The part about content being the property of the forum is the least of my worries and concerns. My issue is with generating profits for their own good using member's content. And they are trying to sweet-talk this by saying "Oh, but members don't see this advertising". It's because the regulars don't even look at that advertising or use ad blockers. The real money comes from the lurkers and visitors which is a much bigger number than the members.

No offense Ken but I don't think SaabWorld is the place to say nice things about VS...

Frank
    Saab(s)
    I am kind of jealous VerticalScope headquarters has a coffee shop in the building..

Name:  verticalscope headquarters.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  75.7 KB

A bit nicer compared to the SaabWorld headquarters in da northern Michigan woods but anyone is welcome to stop by for a drink.