Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Matt
    Saab(s)
    No Saabs :(... Just a Forester Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    I didn't mean it as in "I Hate Saab Central," but I meant it as in "With a site like this, if Saab Central doesn't change, it will surely be found with a quickly shrinking number of avid visitors." Don't get me wrong, I love Saab Central, but in it's current shape, I can't stand it. It's infuriating to see such a great site fall apart. I don't want SaabCentral to fall apart, but I do want SaabWorld to grow into a very useful tool, community, and site that people will use.
    You cant even directly search saabcentral... People trying to search for tech advice in my guess, would already be looking into other saab forums.. They will Google "Saab forum" so what this site needs to do is work on it's SEO so it can get one of the top positions... And hopefully show in its description or title as "The most modern and advanced saab forum ever!" to draw people in.
    I think the Saab Central Lounge and the regular's there were what were mainly holding it together.

issues

One of the things I guess that still bothers me about SC was how they handled a post about one of the sponsors. At the time I was not aware they were a sponsor. They kept deleting the post and from memory it was caged as a simple question since it is a rare moment if I order from the internet. This has a lot to do with a strong personal belief that I have regarding supporting local ski shops but whatever? The net is killing off local ski shops one by one. Then as services cost more to do things like mount the bindings that you bought at deep discount off the net, the people scream like stuck pigs. So, I'm naive about net buying.

I was questioning the price of shipping a simple lightweight ball cap and a couple of decals. The price of shipping was way off the charts. I think (from memory), the "snail-mail" of the Royal Post which when it got here had no price stamp, just "Royal Mail". Indeed, I was in a bit of a state of shock when my wife remarked on the bill. I ordered two caps from Elk Parts, one caps I wanted was out of stock and when I inquired about the order status the response was vague and did not mention that half had been deleted as out of stock. None the less, it appears to have cost about $30 to ship a few ounces and took a few weeks to arrive so it certainly was not priority mail.

Now, that said, I truly recognize that most sites are indeed private and are run on passion, sweat and love for the topical area. I consider myself .... a guest in your living room ... however to zap posts like that? A wee bit on the heavy handed side.

If that is normal shipping from UK, I can't afford to order from there. And with no way to ascertain the actual postage? I thought they may have made a mistake and/or if it served as a warning to others from Canada or the US to be wary, oh well?

Issues? No, I don't have a "hard on" for the staff or mods except for that one instance. It takes some time to develop a feel for who is doing what to whom. Sometimes, it seems there are big, big $$$$ involved and on another car site of interest to me, there are a few law suits flying.

I don't really contribute much here. I know that; my current product knowledge and mechanical skills are in decline. On another site, it was a different story and I really pumped lots of heart and soul into it. A lot of technical advice was given free of charge and I never minded. Until ... until the site was sold and a few lightweights (there was some good talent too to be fair), bought in. They picked our brains for their publications, they took (I suspect), lots of "vacations" as tax write offs.

Saab Central ?? I have no deep and abiding attachment like many of you seem to have.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Anyone realize the 9-5 II thread is back on SC?

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I noticed that. I wonder which moderator brought that back from the dead. I suspect Chris 9-5...

Saab(s)
    1995 9000 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    I didn't mean it as in "I Hate Saab Central," but I meant it as in "With a site like this, if Saab Central doesn't change, it will surely be found with a quickly shrinking number of avid visitors." Don't get me wrong, I love Saab Central, but in it's current shape, I can't stand it. It's infuriating to see such a great site fall apart. I don't want SaabCentral to fall apart, but I do want SaabWorld to grow into a very useful tool, community, and site that people will use.
    I think you have it in a nutshell Shazam. Nobody is happy over at SC. SaabWorld should be a nice addition for Saab enthusiasts.

Saab(s)
    '03 9-3 SS Vector
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasaabi View Post
    I have to agree, that picture is confusing me. David, please change your picture
    Whatever you say Sir ... how could I possibly refuse such a polte request

Quote Originally Posted by SaabScott View Post
    I don't like my own picture, so sorry, there won't be one of me.
    I don't have that problem Scott, always used my own mug shot anyway. :rolleyes:

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    always used my own mug shot anyway. :rolleyes:
    I'm with you on that, but I also have my real picture as my profile picture.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T SportCombi "Mattie"; On SAABatical: 1993 9000 CSE 2.3T "Matilda"
    Quote Originally Posted by cuba View Post
    I think you have it in a nutshell Shazam. Nobody is happy over at SC. SaabWorld should be a nice addition for Saab enthusiasts.
    Welcome, Cuba
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"
    SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA (SCWC)

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T SportCombi "Mattie"; On SAABatical: 1993 9000 CSE 2.3T "Matilda"
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidMorgan View Post
    And why not faces .. instead of avatars .. a choice I made and think it could add a personal touch
    Good idea, David. Time to use my own mugshot:

Name:  barbecue-man.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  16.3 KB
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"
    SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA (SCWC)